GeForce4 MX440 TV Out? DX9? compatible?

Old October 8th 03, 02:08 PM
Charlie

Default GeForce4 MX440 TV Out? DX9? compatible?

My Geforce card is described as such:
SiSoftware Sandra

Video Adapter
Model : NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Chipset : GeForce4 MX 440
RAMDAC : Integrated RAMDAC
Video BIOS : Version 4.17.00.69.00
VGA Compatible : No
Total Memory : 64MB (64MB Video) (64MB AGP)
Texture Memory : 128MB
Supports DIME Texturing : Yes

AGP Capabilities
Version : 2.00
Command Queue Length : 32
Fast-Writes Enabled : Yes
Side Band Enabled : No
Data Transfer Modes Support : 1x 2x 4x
Current Data Transfer Rate : 4x

My questions a
1. does it have TV Out?
2. If I need full DX9 features support is this card capable?
3. Also if I need a new card for DX9 is there a comparable Geforce AGP 4x
card w/dx9 support?
4. On the TV out ..what I intend is to see cable TV channels I already
subscribe to software switchable to my desktop pc lcd 17in. screen (KDS)
someway through this cards TV Out feature.

I enjoy FS2004, Links 2003, MotoGP 2 all of which I understand employs at
least some DX9 features. Currently all my games run well with no
trouble....I am just wondering what improvement I may see if I do not
already have a dx9 card and were to get one.

BTW dxdiag reports - DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902) and
all dx9 tests pass.

TY - newbie here
Charlie

Old October 8th 03, 03:57 PM
Charlie

Replying to my own post...I found this page that describes my particular
GeForce MX440 and it is not DX9 compatible but yes it does have TV out up to
1024x768.

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=55

Once I configure for viewing it's TV out on my lcd monitor I'll see if I
really need a new card just for DX9 in a handful of games I currently enjoy.

maraming salamat telega!!
walang ano man po!!!!

Old October 8th 03, 05:03 PM
Daniel Crichton

Charlie wrote:
Replying to my own post...I found this page that describes my
particular GeForce MX440 and it is not DX9 compatible but yes it does
have TV out up to 1024x768.

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=55

Once I configure for viewing it's TV out on my lcd monitor I'll see
if I really need a new card just for DX9 in a handful of games I
currently enjoy.

The MX440 is compatible with DX9 via drivers. It is not hardware compliant
(it's not even DX8 hardware compliant). There are currently, hmm, zero games
that require DX9 hardware compliant cards that I know of. Even the games I
have that require DX9 installed work fine on my GF4Ti4200 (a DX8.1 card),
and also my friends GF2MX400 (a DX7 card).

Dan

Old October 8th 03, 06:00 PM
Charlie

TY Dan that was good information. I think I'll adopt if it ain't broke
don't fix it resolution to this matter!

Old October 9th 03, 12:57 AM
DaveW

Your card is NOT fully DX9 compatible. It will work so-so, but you'll be
missing many effects in DX9 written games.

--
DaveW

Old October 9th 03, 03:02 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:08:58 -0500, "Charlie" wrote:

My questions a
1. does it have TV Out?

I don't know... look on the card, does it have a TV out?

2. If I need full DX9 features support is this card capable?

It is a DX7 card, it's really nothing more than a re-badged FAST
GeForce2 card.

3. Also if I need a new card for DX9 is there a comparable Geforce AGP 4x
card w/dx9 support?

Dont worry about AGP 4x ~ 8x. its a NON farking issue (Man, imagine
HOW MUCH headaches could have been saved if THEY NEVER BOTHERED with
introducing AGP 8x!! Oh yeah, its a marketing feature).

4. On the TV out ..what I intend is to see cable TV channels I already
subscribe to software switchable to my desktop pc lcd 17in. screen (KDS)
someway through this cards TV Out feature.

Most high end video cards have TVOUT... $100 and up... research your
product.

I enjoy FS2004, Links 2003, MotoGP 2 all of which I understand employs at
least some DX9 features. Currently all my games run well with no
trouble....I am just wondering what improvement I may see if I do not
already have a dx9 card and were to get one.

What the card can't do - you don't see. DX7 cards displaying DX8~9
games makes them look like DX7 games... ugh.

BTW dxdiag reports - DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902) and
all dx9 tests pass.

Yeah... DX9 software is working fine... doesn't mean you'll see DX9
effects.

Recommended cards, if DX9 is important to you *NOW*.

- $175 ATI 9600 Pro (out performs GF5-5900-256mb)
- $350 ATI 9800 Pro

Do NOT waste money on 256mb versions... you gain 0~3fps.

If you're on a budget and want to wait for more DX9 games... get a
GF-4 Ti4200 64mb... its about $80 delivered - www.pricewatch.com
Highly recommend the MSI card.

Its not as fast as the ATI9600Pro. but its faster than the "fx" 5600
and lower.

My Ti4200-64 gets about 100fps in UT-1 and about avg 60fps in UT2003
(1024x768x32 - 70% details)

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old October 9th 03, 03:29 AM