A7V8X-MX Lan not working

Old April 22nd 04, 05:10 AM
Martik

Default A7V8X-MX Lan not working

Installed all drivers from CD version 4.46 but cannot get onboard lan to
work.
Tried ping 192.168.2.1 (my router) sometimes works but now it doesn't at
all, tried 2 diff working ports on my router.

Shows up as working under device mgr.

Bad board?

Old April 23rd 04, 07:03 PM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:10:15 GMT, "Martik" wrote:

Installed all drivers from CD version 4.46 but cannot get onboard lan to
work.
Tried ping 192.168.2.1 (my router) sometimes works but now it doesn't at
all, tried 2 diff working ports on my router.

Shows up as working under device mgr.

Bad board?

Some boards in that family went out with weird MAC address settings.

If you look over on the Asus MB group

http://forums.pcper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

you may be able to track it down.

To get my MB to network, I had to copy the Mac address found on a
sticker on the, I think, HD connector.

You then have to feed the address into the appropriate place in
Windows networking.

I'm a bit vague on the details. I went through the issue months ago.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old April 24th 04, 03:46 AM
Martik

Thanks, I had to set connection type in XP to 1/2 duplex. Would not
auto-negotiate with my router.

mb working and not working!! General 5 October 24th 04 06:11 PM
Keyboard stopped working News Groupie General 0 May 2nd 04 10:38 AM
LITEON's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Homebuilt PC's 49 April 15th 04 04:41 AM
A7v8x looses CPU speed at night jean.paulo Asus Motherboards 2 January 26th 04 05:37 AM
Lite-On's dark secret? No Longer a LiteOn Customer Cdr 11 January 25th 04 04:54 PM