Need opinions of Roxio vs Nero.

Old August 6th 03, 07:03 AM
smh

.. ---------------------------------
cRoxio / Acraptec

Trashy company that picks Trashes
as its beta testers
---------------------------------

Big Dog wrote:

====================================
Mike Richter (aCRAPtec Shill) wrote:

...I like...ECDC 5.1 ...

See that you are still fond of crap, no doubt developed
from ITS days sucking up to a-CRAP-tec:

----------------------
From: "Big Dog"
Subject: EZCD 6 - what's the consensus
Date: 3/13/03

Ver 5 of EZCD was crap - we all admit that.
----------------------
====================================

Old August 6th 03, 02:12 PM
TommyDale

I would take Nero (complete with any "bugs") over Roxio ANY DAY, ANY
TIME. Roxio is the company with the bad reputation for issuing
defective product DELIBERATELY without testing, then months later
fixing the problems after thousands of complaints. They let their
PAYING CUSTOMERS do their beta testing.
Old August 6th 03, 05:51 PM
Howard Kaikow

I would agree that Nero seems better than Roxio, but, at least with InCD, it
is clear that Ahead does not do adequate testing.

For example, with Nero 5.5, I have to use InCD 3.5.24.0 because, as far as I
know, all versions of InCD 4/*, at least thru 4.0.1.21, change the file
date when you copy a file.

How they could miss seeing that bug is beyond me.
About a week ago, somebody from Ahead indicated they have found a solution.

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.
om...

From: (Bluesguy)
Subject: Anyone using Roxio's DirectCD 5.3.1 SP4 ?
Date: 11/2/02

"Jim Nugent" wrote...

OK now I have 5.3.1.154 SP4 and it STILL works correctly. I post this in
case others are still having difficulty so we may compare configurations.
Mine is Win 2k SP3. Original problem (as I understood it) was that a file
copied to a DCD CD would bear the date/time it was copied as the "modified"
date/time. This would of course be disastrous if it happened.

snip

Jim, have you tried this with a CDR or a CDR/W? It strange that
you're not having this problem, because for me (and others apparently)
ever since SP4 and including the newest 5.3.2.34 release, when I copy
a file to a CDR/W, the complete time stamp (created, accessed,
modified) becomes that of the time that I copied the file, losing all
original information.

FYI - I haven't tried it with a CDR yet, but I believe the results
would be the same, as I think it's a bug in the copy routine of
DirectCD. It just doesn't seem like it would be media specific.

This is a MAJOR bug, as it makes archiving data with CDR/W's
completely impossible. I need the correct timestamps to know which
files are which!! I had hoped Roxio had fixed it in the 5.3.2.34
release since it came out so quickly after the SP4 release (which
apparently introduced the bug), but it seems that wasn't the case.

Some people have back leveled their versions to 5.1 as a workaround to
the problem, but I don't want to do that because then the crossfading
of music tracks doesn't work properly (Fixed in the 5.3 patches).
Man, this product is so buggy!! The 4.x series never has this many
problems.

Roxio, *PLEASE* fix this!

Old August 6th 03, 07:33 PM
smh

Howard Kaikow wrote:

I would agree that Nero seems better than Roxio, but, at least with InCD, it
is clear that Ahead does not do adequate testing.

For example, with Nero 5.5, I have to use InCD 3.5.24.0 because, as far as I
know, all versions of InCD 4/*, at least thru 4.0.1.21, change the file
date when you copy a file.

How they could miss seeing that bug is beyond me.
About a week ago, somebody from Ahead indicated they have found a solution.

Don't know why you are harping about a little thing like time stamp?

=======================
From: "Camper"
Subject: Roxio ECDC 6
Date: 3/1/03

Timestamps is not as a big an issue with a lot of people
as it is with others.

Personally I couldn't give a rats arse about it.

=======================
From: Mike DHaire
Subject: Easy CD Creator's Timestamp Problem on Windows 2000/XP
Date: 3/29/03

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

I'd assume other issues take precedence;
not much of a bug IMO anyway...

How 'bout I nab your penis and smash it with a hammer, mother****er!
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!
=======================

Old August 6th 03, 10:57 PM
Tim Kroesen

Nero *paying* customers are *now* doing beta testing on
v.6xxxxxxxxxx....

Seem just as deliberate as any new major revision s/w release too;
since no programmers can find every issue before general release.

Tim K ( A happy Adaptec/Roxio customer)

om...

Old August 6th 03, 10:58 PM
Tim Kroesen

Isn't it true you never even owned a copy of Roxio s/w to rightly
comment?

Tim K

Usual Crap Snipped=

Old August 8th 03, 02:11 AM
TommyDale

"Tim Kroesen" wrote in message ...
Nero *paying* customers are *now* doing beta testing on
v.6xxxxxxxxxx....

Seem just as deliberate as any new major revision s/w release too;
since no programmers can find every issue before general release.

Tim K ( A happy Adaptec/Roxio customer)

"TommyDale" wrote in message
om...
I would take Nero (complete with any "bugs") over Roxio ANY DAY, ANY
TIME. Roxio is the company with the bad reputation for issuing
defective product DELIBERATELY without testing, then months later
fixing the problems after thousands of complaints. They let their
PAYING CUSTOMERS do their beta testing.

You could be right with Nero 6. But Roxio has done it on EVERY SINGLE RELEASE!