Cannot Reboot Manually

Old December 28th 04, 03:05 PM
Ann

Default Cannot Reboot Manually

Hi,

Problem: I cannot get the computer to reboot. So I tried the F8
start-up. It boots up, shows the two screens (WIN98 & HP) &
then shuts off.

Right before this happened, I'd downloaded & ran avast
(antivirus). It found 2 trojans, which I put in their chest as
recommended. These were trojana-169 & trojan-rehman (something
like that). Affected kernal & winsock .dlls.

I then downloaded some freeware for spy blocking & removal along
with the mozilla fox (?) browser. I also have zone alarm loaded as
well as hijackthis, cwshredder & adaware.

But I cannot get the computer to reboot!

I read that one of the antiviruses may be getting in the way of the
start-up process but I have no idea how to stop this or even if it's
causing the problem.

I could certainly use some help.

Ann

running WIN 98se

Old December 29th 04, 09:58 AM
????

I help many friends in the same problem.
Fail to reboot can be a lot of reasons, instead of investigate what causes
the failure, my advice to all my friends is just reformat the HD, and
rebuilt OS from scratch.
Understand this maybe a lot of hard work, how complicate your PC is? can you
save all your data and jsut reinstall the WindowOS again?

"Ann"

Old December 29th 04, 04:48 PM
Peter

In article , the_red_hibiscus@yahoo-
dot-com.no-spam.invalid says...
[...]

I guess you don't mean reboot, but just boot into windows at any time.
Have you tried booting into safe mode?
--
Pete Ives