PC user control Software

Old December 15th 04, 02:08 AM
Family Man

Default PC user control Software

I want software to enable me to control the time each of my children spend
on the computer. I have tried Parental Control at www.salfeld.com . My
computer conflicts with this software so I'm looking for another software
product to do exactly the same thing. Any recommendations? Commercial
solutions?

Dad

Old December 15th 04, 02:18 AM
John Doe

"Family Man" wrote:

I want software to enable me to control the time each of my
children spend on the computer. I have tried Parental Control at
www.salfeld.com . My computer conflicts with this software

Have you tried troubleshooting that?

Old December 15th 04, 11:57 AM
Overlord

At the command prompt;

net user Nicky
-timesM,0530-2100;T,0530-2100;W,0530-2100;Th,0530-2100;F,0530-2359;Sa,0530-2359;Su,0530-2100

Should be one long line, not cut up like it is here.

Edit Nicky to your kids login and edit the times it kicks them off every evening.
IIRC there's options to give them warnings at 15 or 10 minute intervals before it
kicks 'em off but don't recall the switches at the moment.

If ya like, run it in a batch file.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:08:34 +1300, "Family Man" wrote:

I want software to enable me to control the time each of my children spend
on the computer. I have tried Parental Control at www.salfeld.com . My
computer conflicts with this software so I'm looking for another software
product to do exactly the same thing. Any recommendations? Commercial
solutions?

Dad

~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
]

~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.
Old December 15th 04, 09:08 PM
Family Man

"John Doe" wrote in Have you tried
troubleshooting that?

No. I am not experienced at PC troubleshooting. I welcome any
troubleshooting steps you recommend. If you would please give me
step-by-step directions, as I'm not an expert like you people on this group.
For the reason of your expertise I have come to this group.

I'd appreciate your help. I want to keep the software if possible. Any
suggestions?

Hank

Old December 15th 04, 09:32 PM
Family Man

I really like this solution because I think it will reduce the chances of
software conflict I have been experiencing. I am not an expert like you
people on this group, so please will you answer some rather basic questions?

Q1. If I type that in at the command prompt I understand it will only work
until I shut down. How can I set this up to run automatically when kids log
in? Please explain step-by-step. It's all new to me.

Q2. What are the 15 minute warning switches?

Q3. How do I change my computer from automatically logging on to insisting
that a person enter their username and password each time they log on?

Hank

Old December 15th 04, 10:04 PM
John Doe

"Family Man" wrote:
"John Doe" wrote in

Have you tried troubleshooting that?

No. I am not experienced at PC troubleshooting. I welcome any
troubleshooting steps you recommend. If you would please give me
step-by-step directions, as I'm not an expert like you people on this

group.

If you can install MSN messenger, feel free to add me to your contacts.
I will e-mail you my contact identification. We can go from there.
Old December 29th 04, 05:45 PM
JJ \(UK\)

"Family Man" wrote in message
I really like this solution because I think it will reduce the chances of
software conflict I have been experiencing. I am not an expert like you
people on this group, so please will you answer some rather basic

questions?

Q1. If I type that in at the command prompt I understand it will only work
until I shut down. How can I set this up to run automatically when kids

log
in? Please explain step-by-step. It's all new to me.

Q2. What are the 15 minute warning switches?

Q3. How do I change my computer from automatically logging on to insisting
that a person enter their username and password each time they log on?

Hank

Which Operating System are you using? Windows I assume but which version?

JJ (UK)