Upgrade from X800XL to 8800GTS 320 OC

Old April 23rd 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Nick

Default Upgrade from X800XL to 8800GTS 320 OC

Hi

i've just treated myself to the EVGA 8800GTS 320 OverClocked. I'm upgrading
from an Ati X800XL running on an Asus A8N-E and AMD 4200+ Dual Core.

My new card should arrive on Friday.

Anyone else done this upgrade and can tell me what kind of performance
increase I may see ?

Cheers

Old April 23rd 07, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John Lewis

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:51:38 GMT, "Nick" wrote:

Hi

i've just treated myself to the EVGA 8800GTS 320 OverClocked. I'm upgrading
from an Ati X800XL running on an Asus A8N-E and AMD 4200+ Dual Core.

My new card should arrive on Friday.

Anyone else done this upgrade and can tell me what kind of performance
increase I may see ?

Cheers

Yet another ATi devotee lost due to ATi's inept bungling with their
Dx10 hardware releases. nVidia partners to date have sold over 500,000
88xx-series graphics cards. And these cards have the highest
profit-margins of any consumer graphics cards currently sold. Must
make both nVidia and their board partners very happy.

John Lewis

Old April 23rd 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Nick

"John Lewis" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:51:38 GMT, "Nick" wrote:

Hi

i've just treated myself to the EVGA 8800GTS 320 OverClocked. I'm
upgrading
from an Ati X800XL running on an Asus A8N-E and AMD 4200+ Dual Core.

My new card should arrive on Friday.

Anyone else done this upgrade and can tell me what kind of performance
increase I may see ?

Cheers

Yet another ATi devotee lost due to ATi's inept bungling with their
Dx10 hardware releases. nVidia partners to date have sold over 500,000
88xx-series graphics cards. And these cards have the highest
profit-margins of any consumer graphics cards currently sold. Must
make both nVidia and their board partners very happy.

John Lewis

Excuse me but just who you think you are ? Yes your obviously a Fan Boy of
the worst kind..... You are, sir, in fact totally wrong. I've always had
Nvidia cards but not through any misplaced brand worship.

In fact the reason I had an X800 is due to my 6800GT going tits up and a
mate giving me his x800 to keep me going for a while.

The only reason it's an 8800GTS I'm buying is it's the fastest card I can
afford at the moment. I've no intention of migrating to Vista or DX10 in the
forseable future.

I suggest you try to get your facts right before you involve others in your
self rightous crusade against Ati you sad git.

Old April 23rd 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil

"Nick" wrote in message
Hi

i've just treated myself to the EVGA 8800GTS 320 OverClocked. I'm
upgrading from an Ati X800XL running on an Asus A8N-E and AMD 4200+ Dual
Core.

My new card should arrive on Friday.

Anyone else done this upgrade and can tell me what kind of performance
increase I may see ?

Cheers

I just took an identical upgrade path, last week - ATi x800xl to BFG 8800
GTS OC. You're in for a real treat.

Here are my before and after 3DMark06 scores, in Vista:

x800xl: 1905
8800 GTS: 9135

-phil

Old April 23rd 07, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
invisibrarian

Phil wrote:

Here are my before and after 3DMark06 scores, in Vista:

x800xl: 1905
8800 GTS: 9135

-phil

Oh, so you're not exactly saying its a toss-up between the two cards?

Old April 24th 07, 01:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

"Nick" wrote in message
Hi

i've just treated myself to the EVGA 8800GTS 320 OverClocked. I'm
upgrading from an Ati X800XL running on an Asus A8N-E and AMD 4200+ Dual
Core.

My new card should arrive on Friday.

Anyone else done this upgrade and can tell me what kind of performance
increase I may see ?

Cheers

I recently went from a Radeon X850XT, to a BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb (
overclocked), app a week ago,and have been extremely pleased.
My 3d mark 05 score basically doubled, and performance in the games I have
tried is very good.

--
Don

Old April 24th 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Nick

"Nick" wrote in message
Hi

i've just treated myself to the EVGA 8800GTS 320 OverClocked. I'm
upgrading from an Ati X800XL running on an Asus A8N-E and AMD 4200+ Dual
Core.

My new card should arrive on Friday.

Anyone else done this upgrade and can tell me what kind of performance
increase I may see ?

Cheers

Thanks guys. Looking forward to its arrival !