New 81.85 Monitor On/Off

Old October 23rd 05, 02:51 AM
edde

Default New 81.85 Monitor On/Off

I just installed the new 81.85 drivers (previously using 77.77's).
Now whenever I access the Nvidia Control panel, my monitor clicks off, goes
blank, then clicks back on!
It also happens when I try to access the new "Nvidia Direct Access" monitor
setting in the control panel.
I'm sure this will destroy my monitor in short time. Any idea why these new
drivers do this?
I've never had any Nvidia drivers do this before in 4 years!

LG Flatron 995FT 19" CRT
EVGA 7800GT
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Enermax 535W SLI PSU

Old October 23rd 05, 04:15 AM
Spidious

Mine does the same thing. But I thought it was kicking the 3D graphics part
of the card in so the setting would be more accurate ?

Old October 23rd 05, 04:43 AM
edde

Isn't that just STUPID! Does Nvidia want to "force' everybody to switch to
LCD?
Maybe that's why they are called "forceware"?

Do a search for the new NGO drivers. They are modified 81.85's, and they
purposely removed this stupid Nvidia Direct Access tab for the very reason
you and I have mentioned.
Also, they are supposed to enhance image quality/performance somehow.
I'm using them now and they are way better withouth that stupid Direct
Access thing.

Although, the official 81.85's from Nvidia with the Direct Access tab seemed
to have permanently messed up my CRT monitor settings. I have to re-adjust
the monitor size, position and other settings now.

If you have a CRT monitor, stay away from the 81.85's from Nvidia.
Get the NGO drivers, or just stick with the previous release.

Old October 23rd 05, 04:51 AM
Bill's Dead

http://www.techimo.com/forum/showthr...=117062&page=1

Old October 23rd 05, 04:51 AM

http://www.techimo.com/forum/showthr...=117062&page=1

Try the thing about 12 posts down..

Old October 23rd 05, 06:11 AM
edde

Hmmm, they don't really mention this problem.
This problem is due to the Nvidia Direct Access tab that is new in these
drivers.
If I use an old driver, or even the new NGO 81.85 drivers where they removed
the Nvidia Direct Access tab (because of problems like this), my monitor
doesn't turn on/off every time I access the control panel.
Thanks