using a thermaltake crystal orb on geforce fx 5600 good idea?

Old July 21st 04, 05:22 PM
Ben Z

Default using a thermaltake crystal orb on geforce fx 5600 good idea?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently using my trusty ol' Thermaltake Crystal Orb on my Geforce FX
5600. Have it connected to an Enermax fan controller, have full 3000-6000
rpms and temps from Enermax probe shows it between 34-39C (at random looks
floats around 35C) Everything is beautiful, no problems with games or
anything, minus fact that at 6000 rpms it's loudest fan in my case.

My question or concern is, are these temps a good thing for this card? Am
trying to hunt down newer info to compare with, however most of the Crystal
Orb reviews are on way older video cards.

As far as I can tell I'm sitting pretty, but if anyone knows of any
problems, I'd appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks everyone,

Ben Z

Geforce 6800 drivers Glitch General 3 December 13th 04 09:30 AM
Performance Comparison: Nvidia Fx 5200 or GeForce 4 Ti 4200 Falcon1209 General 13 October 30th 04 02:26 AM
ASUS GeForce FX 9950 Overclocking question... gogulo Overclocking 3 October 13th 03 06:54 PM
Which 5600 Ultra? AndrewMacInnes General 1 August 20th 03 03:34 PM
Crystal Orb + Asus TI4400 problem hb Overclocking 0 July 19th 03 03:28 AM