Upgrade options on 1850

Old July 16th 07, 02:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Scott

Default Upgrade options on 1850

over the weekend my proliant 1850 refuse to post. I suspect either the
motherboard or CPU. So now I have a good excuse to upgrade the mobo/CPU
(PII or III, 500Mhz) which leads me to my question...what are my upgrade
options? And does the mobo uses a common form factor?

Thanks
Scott
Old July 16th 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

"Scott" wrote in message
over the weekend my proliant 1850 refuse to post. I suspect either the
motherboard or CPU. So now I have a good excuse to upgrade the mobo/CPU
(PII or III, 500Mhz) which leads me to my question...what are my upgrade
options? And does the mobo uses a common form factor?

Thanks
Scott

That was the last generation of that style board, If the old p2 cpu's are in
the unit now, new (higher current) vrm's and some switch settings will
enable you to go to p3 500, 550 or 600.

I have a bunch of vrm's and 500's and 550's if needed. If the board came
with P2 cpu's the batteries are on their last leg too.

Old July 16th 07, 04:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Scott

That was the last generation of that style board, If the old p2 cpu's are in
the unit now, new (higher current) vrm's and some switch settings will
enable you to go to p3 500, 550 or 600.

I have a bunch of vrm's and 500's and 550's if needed. If the board came
with P2 cpu's the batteries are on their last leg too.

I have a 500 PIII as evident from my message file:
kernel: CPU: Intel Pentium III (Katmai) stepping 02
If you have a couple of vrm's and 550's I can use them. How much are you
willing to let them go for?

Old July 16th 07, 04:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

how about 16 bucks for 2 550 cpu's, and 2 vrm's. shipping would be about
6ish bucks on average FedEx ground

Old July 16th 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Scott

Phil wrote:
how about 16 bucks for 2 550 cpu's, and 2 vrm's. shipping would be about
6ish bucks on average FedEx ground

That sounds good. If you want to email me at we can
make some arrangements.

Best upgrade options! The VerticalSTAB Overclocking AMD Processors 1 January 23rd 07 09:31 PM
upgrade options norm Homebuilt PC's 4 December 23rd 06 12:51 AM
What upgrade options I have ????? bigdaddy Homebuilt PC's 2 January 24th 06 11:41 PM
P4 -- AMD upgrade options, (again..) Lorenzo Sandini Homebuilt PC's 1 January 24th 06 04:21 PM
Upgrade options Rich Asus Motherboards 2 June 12th 04 11:20 PM