Enabling Network Port 1 in DL380G4 BIOS Enables Port 2?

Old May 6th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Default Enabling Network Port 1 in DL380G4 BIOS Enables Port 2?

Has anyone seen before cases where the network ports on a DL380 G2, G3, or
G4 get swapped? I have a G4 where port 1 is enabled in BIOS and port 2 is
disabled. You boot the computer, load Windows, and only port #2 on the
back of the computer works.

Also in Windows 2003, I see TWO adapters even though we uninstalled both
adapters, rebooted, and disabled one in BIOS.

Does anyone know of a utility in Windows to completely remove all traces of
a specific device that was previously installed in the system? Windows
seems to hang onto traces of such things and unlike Windows NT has no
convenient UI for removing old devices.

--
Will

Old May 7th 07, 05:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

"Will" wrote in message
Has anyone seen before cases where the network ports on a DL380 G2, G3, or
G4 get swapped? I have a G4 where port 1 is enabled in BIOS and port 2

is
disabled. You boot the computer, load Windows, and only port #2 on the
back of the computer works.

Also in Windows 2003, I see TWO adapters even though we uninstalled both
adapters, rebooted, and disabled one in BIOS.

Does anyone know of a utility in Windows to completely remove all traces

of
a specific device that was previously installed in the system? Windows
seems to hang onto traces of such things and unlike Windows NT has no
convenient UI for removing old devices.

--
Will

This sounds like a windows issue, not unique to Compaq.
You might use the safe mode to remove the device/s or roll back the update.
You can also hack the registry if that fails.

Do a Google search on your problem, it's not uncommon (in windows).

LG will shoot me for saying it, dump windows and use Linux, a more stable,
trouble free system.

I don't have to touch my Linux servers until I do a whole version upgrade.
All the other patches take care of themselves and NEVER have to reboot the
machines.

Enabling parallel port Jarek General 0 May 18th 06 02:08 PM
Which Port for Network? C and A Bredt Gateway Computers 2 January 12th 06 11:51 PM
Network Port on 700X Jack Edmunds Gateway Computers 2 February 19th 04 03:43 AM