1440 x 900 widescreen problems

Old February 13th 07, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default 1440 x 900 widescreen problems

I've seen a lot of info across the web regarding troubles with the
NVidia graphics card and a widescreen resolution. I am one of those
experiencing problems.

I have a Hanns-G HW192D monitor, with the NVidia 7300LE graphics card
in a new Dell. My screen resolution distorts the appearance -
everything is "squished."

This is so incredibly important, as I'm a photographer, and I can tell
you - the appearance of a 4x6 crop on this resolution is horribly
difficult to work with!

I've downloaded several NVidia card drivers and none of them have
offered a larger resolution than 1280 x 1024.

What am I doing wrong? I've read posts and information that others
*swear* by NVidia and how it supports the 1440 x 900 resolution, yet I
see so many posts of those having problems?

And finally - none of those posts have offered any help/resolution to
my problem.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

Elaine

Old February 13th 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Have you installed the monitor drivers? Your video card may not know
what it's driving without the proper monitor drivers.

Old February 13th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

wrote:

Have you installed the monitor drivers? Your video card may not know
what it's driving without the proper monitor drivers.

The CD that came with the monitor has the drivers and they have been
installed, however in the device manager the monitor shows as an
HW191D, not HW192D.

Perhaps this is an issue I need to look further into?

Also - is there an order - should I have my monitor driver installed
first, then install the graphics driver? Or vice versa?

Elaine

Old February 13th 07, 04:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Have you installed the monitor drivers? Your video card may not know
what it's driving without the proper monitor drivers.

The CD that came with the monitor has the drivers and they have been
installed, however in the device manager the monitor shows as an
HW191D, not HW192D.

Perhaps this is an issue I need to look further into?

Also - is there an order - should I have my monitor driver installed
first, then install the graphics driver? Or vice versa?

Elaine

There is some background info here. But don't panic. It is
possible you may be able to fix it, without some of the
solutions used here. For the first article, the situation
has been changing with time, so the answer to the problem now,
could well be different or easier than the answer in the
past.

http://www.geocities.com/jgeneedid/

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=8711677

Nvidia monitor detection / direct access bug.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...ic=17179&st=60

Good search terms for your search engine:

"custom resolution" edid "monitor driver"

The Avsforum thread mentions the "pan" problem, where the
desired resolution becomes a virtual desktop, and the
actual monitor resolution results in a "panning" window
within the desktop. Apparently there is a fix if you
see those symptoms.

Paul
Old February 14th 07, 03:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

On Feb 12, 10:42 pm, Paul wrote:

[...]

Thank you Paul. I will review all links in depth and attempt to apply
some of the suggested resolutions.

Your reply and input is SO appreciated.

Old February 14th 07, 05:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB

wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:

Have you installed the monitor drivers? Your video card may not know
what it's driving without the proper monitor drivers.

The CD that came with the monitor has the drivers and they have been
installed, however in the device manager the monitor shows as an
HW191D, not HW192D.

Perhaps this is an issue I need to look further into?

Also - is there an order - should I have my monitor driver installed
first, then install the graphics driver? Or vice versa?

Elaine

Typically it shouldn't matter which order they're installed. Perhaps
your monitor vendor has a newer driver available online?

1440 x 900 widescreen support Bill Nvidia Videocards 4 February 13th 07 02:03 PM
Have you had problems with iiyama VM Pro 454 or 451 monitors? Irish Rover Homebuilt PC's 8 January 7th 05 11:29 PM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 09:41 PM
FX problems. Drivers or hardware? NickNick Nvidia Videocards 6 September 15th 03 12:01 AM