1440 x 900 widescreen support

Old February 12th 07, 01:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bill

Default 1440 x 900 widescreen support

hi

I'm thinking of buying a 1440 x 900 widescreen 19" LCD monitor.

I need a replacement budget AGP card for my old PC. I don't play
games.

Can anyone tell me if all current nvidia cards support the above
screen resolution?

Would a 5200 or 6200 card do the job?

thanks

Old February 12th 07, 02:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
RF

"Bill" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi

I'm thinking of buying a 1440 x 900 widescreen 19" LCD monitor.

I need a replacement budget AGP card for my old PC. I don't play
games.

Can anyone tell me if all current nvidia cards support the above
screen resolution?

Would a 5200 or 6200 card do the job?

thanks

Yes, they will support that resolution.

I hope you aren't going to be playing any modern games though. Neither the
5200 or 6200 will handle them very well at all.

RF.

Old February 12th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bill

Thanks for the reply.

No, we won't be playing games.

My old Windows XP PC has a Matrox G450 agp card fitted but 1440 x 900
resolution isn't available from the pick list.

The manufacturer says there monitor has been tested with a nvidia
6200TC.

Was looking at just getting a cheap Asus N6200/TD/128M agp card.

I've not used nvidia cards before and I don't like ATI. Will the
'1440 x 900' appear in a pick list under Windows with latest nvidia
drivers?

Old February 13th 07, 02:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
RF

"Bill" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the reply.

No, we won't be playing games.

My old Windows XP PC has a Matrox G450 agp card fitted but 1440 x 900
resolution isn't available from the pick list.

The manufacturer says there monitor has been tested with a nvidia
6200TC.

Was looking at just getting a cheap Asus N6200/TD/128M agp card.

I've not used nvidia cards before and I don't like ATI. Will the
'1440 x 900' appear in a pick list under Windows with latest nvidia
drivers?

Yes. When you plug in the new monitor, Windows should detect it
automatically. If the new resolution doesn't show up, you may have to
install a driver (really just a small text file that lists the monitor's
capabilities) for it. Most monitors come with them, though you may just
want to search online for your particular model. The manufacturer probably
has them available for download too.

RF.