Whats the biggest...

Old March 16th 05, 02:54 AM
Anonymoose

Default Whats the biggest...

....hard drive that a Gigabyte 7VT600-1394 mobo with BIOS version F7 will
handle without using any drive overlays or RAID?

Old March 16th 05, 03:28 AM
Ian

"Anonymoose" wrote in message
...hard drive that a Gigabyte 7VT600-1394 mobo with BIOS version F7 will
handle without using any drive overlays or RAID?

This specification is not published by Gigabyte, so I suggest that you email
Gigabyte directly about this, as you are unlikely to find out anywhere else.
However, you do have the latest BIOS, and I'd suggest that most new BIOS
releases will support at least up to 300gb disks.

Old March 16th 05, 04:17 AM
Cuzman

"Anonymoose" wrote in message

" ...hard drive that a Gigabyte 7VT600-1394 mobo with BIOS version F7 will
handle without using any drive overlays or RAID? "

The Gigabyte 7VT600-1394 should be 48-bit LBA compatible (
http://www.48bitlba.com ). Therefore it should be able to handle either the
Seagate ST3400832A-RK or the Hitachi HDS724040KLAT80, both of which are
400GB EIDE drives. However, if you were installing Windows XP from scratch,
then you would need to be installing a version from SP1 onwards.

Old March 17th 05, 01:44 AM
Ian

"Cuzman" wrote in message
"Anonymoose" wrote in message

" ...hard drive that a Gigabyte 7VT600-1394 mobo with BIOS version F7

will
handle without using any drive overlays or RAID? "

The Gigabyte 7VT600-1394 should be 48-bit LBA compatible (
http://www.48bitlba.com ). Therefore it should be able to handle either

the
Seagate ST3400832A-RK or the Hitachi HDS724040KLAT80, both of which are
400GB EIDE drives. However, if you were installing Windows XP from

scratch,
then you would need to be installing a version from SP1 onwards.

That's a much better answer than mine! ;-)

Old March 17th 05, 02:11 AM
Anonymoose

Thanks for all your help everyone.