Translucent / Transparent Ripples or Waves with ASUS V9280

Old June 25th 03, 09:03 PM
m0pe

Default Translucent / Transparent Ripples or Waves with ASUS V9280

Hello,
I get these Translucent / Transparent Ripples or Waves flowing
vertically up or down my moniter, they are sometimes hard to see, so I
often think they have fixed themselves, when I play games however with
dark spots, or even use a dark wallpaper on my desktop, they become
extremely apparent, it is bugging the HELL out of me. I have an ASUS
V9280 Geforce 4 Ti4200 with AGP 8x. I thought it might be Electro
Magnetic Interference, so I unplugged all the case fans close to it,
nothing. However, this is odd, when I put the card into another
computer with my same moniter, same drivers, same setting etc. NO
LINES. I also thought it might be the heat of the card (ASUS runs hot)
working its way out of the slot, so I zap strapped it in, and still no
change. However, the fan on this card is not always running for some
reason, in fact most of the time the fan is stationary, I think it
only goes on when its hot, or "Dynamic Cooling" anyhow, I reallllly
want these lines to be gone! Please help!!
Old June 26th 03, 01:18 AM
Jim Turner

On 25 Jun 2003 13:03:30 -0700, (m0pe) wrote:

[...]

It could be interference, or it could be poor filtering in the PSU or
on the mother board. What refresh rate are you running at? Try running
at the highest refresh rate your monitor will handle. The interference
is likely to be at 60hz, which is the default refresh rate for
windows. Higher refresh rates minimize flicker and certain types of
interference.

HTH

J T