Laptop Battery

Old October 18th 03, 02:28 AM
Starstuffed

Default Laptop Battery

I have a Compaq 1540DM and really don't have any problems with it but am
curious about something. I read that the charge in the battery should be
depleted every so often to maximize the battery life and its ability to
power the laptop for as long as possible between charges. My question is
this: how totally should the battery be discharged? If I run it down to 3
percent of its charge before starting a recharge, is that sufficiently
drained? If I drain it all the way down to zero charge and the computer
dies will I loose any information stored in the computer?

Thanks,

Martin

Old October 19th 03, 12:48 AM
Tom Cular

Try following the mfr's. instructions at this link.
http://www.compaq.com/athome/support...ch5battery.pdf

I presently have a machine running for the past half hour showing 1%
battery capacity.They should be run down until the machine shuts down, then
recharged, a partial discharge will not work as well.

Tom

"HH" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Laptop battery - Lasts how long JoeBhoy General 5 February 1st 05 09:56 AM
Laptop Battery Problem no-spam-please General 1 August 4th 04 02:39 PM
Laptop Battery Problems Shannon L General 2 February 22nd 04 07:58 AM
Laptop battery Shannon L General 1 November 20th 03 03:13 AM
looking for used laptop with long battery life Phil Schuman Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 03:45 PM