FX 5700 ultra & "phantom" monitors

Old December 31st 03, 02:16 PM
RaVeN

Default FX 5700 ultra & "phantom" monitors

I just bought Gainward ultra 960 TV/DVI "GS", and the card runs perfectly on
my KX7-333 mbo.
Except, in Win XP, under "Device Manager" it adds three "Default Monitors"
alongside with my Sony CPD-G220. And in "Display properties - Settings"
there are two monitors detected, but I only have one monitor pluged in.
After I remove these monitors they just reapear at next boot.
Tried reinstalling the card, tried diferent drivers, nothing helps.

Thanks

P.S. : Sorry for my english, its not my native language. Merry Christmas &
happy New year everyone!

Old December 31st 03, 04:26 PM
Darkfalz

"RaVeN" wrote in message
I just bought Gainward ultra 960 TV/DVI "GS", and the card runs perfectly

on
my KX7-333 mbo.
Except, in Win XP, under "Device Manager" it adds three "Default Monitors"
alongside with my Sony CPD-G220. And in "Display properties - Settings"
there are two monitors detected, but I only have one monitor pluged in.
After I remove these monitors they just reapear at next boot.
Tried reinstalling the card, tried diferent drivers, nothing helps.

Three?

One could be for your DVI out, one could be for the second VGA through DVI
out, and the last one could be for your TV Out.

That's just a guess though. I don't like how the nVidia drivers create
virtual monitors to represent TV Out etc at all.

--
"Of course, I always look at guys who have girlfriends. I compare myself to
them, as hard as that is, and it's never good news. Then I think, gosh,

Old January 1st 04, 03:26 PM
RaVeN

"Darkfalz" wrote in message
Three?

One could be for your DVI out, one could be for the second VGA through DVI
out, and the last one could be for your TV Out.

That's just a guess though. I don't like how the nVidia drivers create
virtual monitors to represent TV Out etc at all.

Before FX 5700 ultra I had a GF3 Ti200 also with DVI and TV Out, and GF3 did
not create these virtual monitors. I dont know if this is nVidias new "way"
of dealing with TV Out and DVI but it was not there before.