game port not working on my A7N8X Deluxe

Old February 22nd 04, 02:32 AM
Michael Mears

Default game port not working on my A7N8X Deluxe

anyone have any ideas what to check??

My gamepad is not detected at all. Plug it into my other machine and all is well.
Driver issue maybe??

My gameport shows in hardware manager as a standard gameport, is that what it looks like on everyone elses?

Old February 22nd 04, 06:13 PM
Ben Pope

Michael Mears wrote:
anyone have any ideas what to check??

My gamepad is not detected at all. Plug it into my other machine and all
is well.
Driver issue maybe??

My gameport shows in hardware manager as a standard gameport, is that
what it looks like on everyone elses?

Yeah.

Are you using the onboard game port?

Game ports on sound cards cannot be used AFAIK.

Ben

Old February 22nd 04, 07:45 PM
KB

Why not?
I use the game port on my soundcard.

Old February 22nd 04, 09:20 PM
Ben Pope

KB wrote:
Why not?
I use the game port on my soundcard.

Using the A7N8X Deluxe? Which sound card?

I was under the impression it couldn't be done - some limitation of the
nForce.

Ben