P4C800-E deluxe- & EL4200 (2x256MB): meeting published specs w/ other components

Old December 27th 03, 06:37 PM
kgs

Default P4C800-E deluxe- & EL4200 (2x256MB): meeting published specs w/ other components

I have done as much research as I could leading to this purchase, my 3rd
ASUS mobo in a row. I would like to draw on your knowledge. At anandtech
they list 3-3-4-7 @2.85V @280/560/1120 @1:1 with the p4c800e-dlx and ocz
el4200 ram (2x512MB). This with a 2.4 MHz CPU. I have some older components
that give me concern about seeking for these numbers blindly.

Example is the extent of my qualification for selecting the best components
to maximize performance. I hope to get the same performance, but am
wondering about my other components limiting these parameters.

My Qs a

1)

I rely on others' numbers heavily. All things being equal, not taking any of
my older components into consideration,,and new eg cd/dvd r/rw , will I
still be getting the performance of 3-3-4-7 @2.85V @280/560/1120 @1:1 USING
512MB, not 1024MB, but using the same slots.

2)

What wil happen when I buy the 2.6C, or 2.8C, rather than the 2.4 they
tested with?: TIMING, V , FSB VARIATION?

3)

Will these AGP and PCI components have any effect on the pursuit of the
3-3-4-7 @2.85V @280/560/1120 @1:1...

these are my other current components:

Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO AGP4x

SBLive 5.1 pci

v.90 USR/3comm voice 2976 pci

Pioneer 16x DVD 116 player

IBM Deskstar DTLA-307030 30 GB 7200 ATA-100 (storage only)

lexmark 5150 usb mfd

WD 36 GB Raptor SATA will be o/s drive

I will get at some time a DVD/CD r&rw

Old December 28th 03, 02:26 AM
Maximus

You may want to read more about overclocking or similar "optimal" set-up
at ABXZone ( www.abxzone.com ) or at Rage3D ( www.rage3d.com ) or
Beyond3D ( www.beyond3d.com ) forums, where there are lots
of posts about what they do and experience.

HTH

Max
---------
able.rogers.com...