Nero 6 & actual write speed

Old July 24th 03, 06:03 PM
SleeperMan

Default Nero 6 & actual write speed

Has anyone found out how to enable show actual burn speed in Nero 6? that
famous reg key has gone from registry...
I really don't know why they didn't correct this function - fullish that it
shows burning at 52x, especially because it says burning STARTED at
52x...what a lie!!! - while actually it's only 20x or so...

Old July 24th 03, 06:15 PM
Dan G

I read somewhere that it would already display the actual speed in Nero, I
guess not.

Here's a post from someone who got it working:

The Trick still works, but you have to manually readd the
ShowSingleRecorderSpeed DWORD key, its not there anymore. After you added it
with value 1 it works like before!!

With earlier versions, you have to burn a few discs brfore that key shows
up.

Old July 24th 03, 06:22 PM
SleeperMan

Aha...Thanks. I'll do that and see... But they are still liars...(although i
think i can forgive them this mistake)

Old July 24th 03, 06:30 PM
SleeperMan

Yep...works. Great! Thanks again!

Old July 25th 03, 05:10 PM
Prince of Orange

Create a new .txt document with the following information:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]
"ShowSingleRecorderSpeed"=dword:00000001

While keeping the .txt file open, select 'Save As', then type a file
name with a .reg extension (i.e. NeroViewSpeed.reg). Double click
the .reg file and the information will be entered into the registry.
Or you can enter the information manually.

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:45:34 -0400, Steven B.
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:22:31 +0200, "SleeperMan"
wrote:
Here's a post from someone who got it working:

The Trick still works, but you have to manually readd the
ShowSingleRecorderSpeed DWORD key, its not there anymore. After you
added it with value 1 it works like before!!

Could you explain how to do this step by step for me? Thanks
Thanks in advance!!!
Regards,
Steve B.

Old July 25th 03, 09:16 PM
Steven B.

Thanks for all of the help SleeperMan and Orange!!!!