Yamaha T@2 (tatoo) function

Old July 23rd 03, 03:48 PM
schaperot

Default Yamaha T@2 (tatoo) function

Hi to all,

I was very interested in Yamaha T@2 function (function that allows to
write readable texts and image (readablle with eyes) on free disk space).

Yamaha stopped to produce CD burners, and I still need this function.

Does any other product allow the same function (I think that Yamaha
may have sold it's technology)

Thanks for informations,

Have a good day,

Stephane.

Old July 24th 03, 03:52 AM
Guess Who

For what it's worth, they now sell a standalone CD printer (black ink only)
that can print directly on the discs. IIRC, it was about 89.00 USD.

Old July 24th 03, 05:56 AM
GMAN

In article , "schaperot" wrote:
Hi to all,

I was very interested in Yamaha T@2 function (function that allows to
write readable texts and image (readablle with eyes) on free disk space).

Yamaha stopped to produce CD burners, and I still need this function.

Does any other product allow the same function (I think that Yamaha
may have sold it's technology)

Thanks for informations,

Have a good day,

Stephane.

Its the gimmick that killed them off!!!

Old July 24th 03, 08:29 AM
Camper

"GMAN" wrote in message

Its the gimmick that killed them off!!!

I agree with you that it was a gimmick but not that it had anything to do
with them exiting ther market (no doubt low profit margins had something to
do with it).

Old July 24th 03, 07:12 PM
Chip

"Guess Who" wrote in message
For what it's worth, they now sell a standalone CD printer (black ink

only)
that can print directly on the discs. IIRC, it was about 89.00 USD.

I prefer a marker pen for 89 cents ;-)

Chip.

Old July 25th 03, 08:57 AM
GMAN

In article , "Camper" wrote:

"GMAN" wrote in message

Its the gimmick that killed them off!!!

I agree with you that it was a gimmick but not that it had anything to do
with them exiting ther market (no doubt low profit margins had something to
do with it).

It had everything to do with it. They were pricing themselves out of the
market. When you could run out and buy 2 plextors or 4 Liteons for the same
price as one of their drives id say it was the high priced gimmick that killed
off their marketshare.
Old July 25th 03, 09:13 AM
schaperot

Does any other product allow the same function (I think that Yamaha
may have sold it's technology)

Why do you think this?

When you spend money to create a technology, and that market decides
that your product is too expensive (due to your production cost), you stop
the production and try to sell your technology to get your money back...

Old July 26th 03, 12:50 AM
Stanley Cockman

Is there a way of turning this off via a regedit setting. I do not use the
function, but would like it to disappear. I did a complete removal of Nero
5.5 and cleaned out the registry, but when I installed 6.0 the function came
back.

Thanks in advance.