Digital Research 48x16x48 not recognized by Nero 5.5

Old July 16th 03, 01:58 PM
Blackie Lawless

Default Digital Research 48x16x48 not recognized by Nero 5.5

I recently bought a Digital research 48x16x48 CDRW from BB for 9
bucks. After I installed it in my PC, it can read CD's with no
problem, the problem is the Nero 5.5 won't recognize it. Note that
had Nero installed before installing this CDRW, however the CDRW comes
bundled with "Nero Express 5.5" so I am assuming that Nero should be
able to deal with this drive. The only thing I havn't done yet is
uninstall "Nero" and try "Nero Express".

I have the CDRW set up as a "slave" drive in line with a WD HD.
Could this be the problem? Should I hadve the CDRW set up as the
master?

The drive is reckognized by Win98 as a 48x16x48 generic CDRW. It
shows up in Nero but when I try to get Nero to recognize the drive it
polls it but comes up empty.