I messed up my bios setting and cant get bvvideo Please help

Old February 6th 05, 11:16 PM
sujoe02

Default I messed up my bios setting and cant get bvvideo Please help

here are the specs of my processor

ATHLON XP 2400+ THOUROUGHBRED SOCKET A (266Mhz BUS) WITH QUANTISPEED
ARCHITECTURE OPERATING AT 2.0GHZ OEM

MotherBoard

SY-K7VME

According to soyousa.com they said that if your cpu's Front Side Bus
is 266Mhz then set the motherboard jumpers to 133Mhz.

What I did was set the frequency stepping in bios for the default
jumper on my Mother board from 100(default) to 132(highest possible
for that jumper).

Being that i set the default jumper from 100mhz to 132mhz(witch was
lower than what soyo said to set the Mhz to) How could this of
possibly broke my motherboard.

By the way after I set my fsb in the frequency stepping I saved and
exited bios. The computer rebooted and when it was at the post where
it checks the ram in the begging it did show an improvement of the
cpu's speed from athlon xp 1600+ to 2000+. Then it gave me some
strange error message. The only thing i think the message may have
had in it was the word keyboard maybe? so i checked the keyboard plug
and it was fine, rebooted and no video from there on then.

I have tried resetting the CMOS, taking the m/b battery out, using a
new power supply, new monitor and video card, and using the error
post code pci tool. the only number i got out of that were D3, D7,
and D8. on startup i get absolutly no beep or anything but hearing
the post reseting over and over until i shut it off.

Old February 7th 05, 12:39 AM
AndrewJ

I have tried resetting the CMOS, taking the m/b battery out, using a
new power supply, new monitor and video card, and using the error
post code pci tool. the only number i got out of that were D3, D7,
and D8. on startup i get absolutly no beep or anything but hearing
the post reseting over and over until i shut it off.

Reseting the BIOS should fix it. Unplug the cord from the PSU. Remove
the battery from the mobo. There should be a jumper near the battery
that you short for 10 seconds. Find that info in the manual. Put the
battery back, plug in the PSU and reboot.

Only leave the 133MHz jumber on if your RAM supports 333MHz. If it
doesn't, the explains why your PC would not start.
Old February 7th 05, 10:31 PM
Michael Hawes

"AndrewJ" wrote in message

I have tried resetting the CMOS, taking the m/b battery out, using a
new power supply, new monitor and video card, and using the error
post code pci tool. the only number i got out of that were D3, D7,
and D8. on startup i get absolutly no beep or anything but hearing
the post reseting over and over until i shut it off.

Reseting the BIOS should fix it. Unplug the cord from the PSU. Remove
the battery from the mobo. There should be a jumper near the battery
that you short for 10 seconds. Find that info in the manual. Put the
battery back, plug in the PSU and reboot.

Only leave the 133MHz jumber on if your RAM supports 333MHz. If it
doesn't, the explains why your PC would not start.

What memory have you got? Was CPU cooler correctly fitted and fan spinning?
If it doesn't beep with no memory fitted, CPU or motherboard have failed.
You should have PC2100 DDRAM.
Mike