Usb 2 Scanner won't install

Old December 4th 03, 02:07 AM
Jim

Default Usb 2 Scanner won't install

I am posting this in hopes someone else has had a similar experience
and could offer some suggestions.

I just purchased a Microtek 5900 scanner to put on my A7N8X
deluxe/2400+Xp/win98se system. Installed the software, rebooted,
hooked up usb, turned on scanner, box comes up saying detected usb 2.0
device then box saying drivers installed for usb 2.0 device. Problem
is the scanner is not detected by the software. Usb 2.0 hub is in
device manager as is the imaging device (a usb 2.0 scanner). When
clicking on the scanner test icon, the system locks up.

Is there something I am missing in setting this up? Could the sata
raid hard drive (only 1) on the system be interfering? Any help would
be appreciated.

I have went to Microteks site which is useless and there is no toll
free tech support number. I called on my dime and was on hold for 30
minutes before I hung up. If I don't get it to work soon, I am
returning it back to Best Buy.
Old December 4th 03, 02:41 AM
Shep©

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:07:41 -0500 Not letting inanimate objects know
I'm a in a hurry Jim wrote :

[...]

Is the a configuration Applet in the control Panel to select the
correct Device?Or in the software supplied with the scanner?I've had
to do this on a couple of devices like scanners.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de