GA-8KNXP, Intel SATA vs Silcon Image Sata?

Old February 15th 04, 12:18 AM
JMac

Default GA-8KNXP, Intel SATA vs Silcon Image Sata?

Don't know why I even bother to ask since it took me forever to get Intel
SATA up and running - didn't care which, just wanted one of em to work - on
my new MoBo. But I'll ask anyways, which do you folks think is better
(faster, more reliable, stable etc)? Seems like a read a review somewhere
where the reviewer liked Silicon better.

I'm also wondering why they give you both options?

Old February 15th 04, 12:47 AM
Stephen Williams

"JMac" wrote in message
Don't know why I even bother to ask since it took me forever to get Intel
SATA up and running - didn't care which, just wanted one of em to work -

on
my new MoBo. But I'll ask anyways, which do you folks think is better
(faster, more reliable, stable etc)? Seems like a read a review somewhere
where the reviewer liked Silicon better.

I'm also wondering why they give you both options?

I would have thought that the Intel one would be better due to the fact
they're not on the PCI bus. But i suppose this would only really show
itself when copying large amounts of data to/from a fast drive setup across
the CSA bus gigabit LAN.

Steve

Old February 15th 04, 02:31 AM
Timothy Drouillard

I have a RAID 0 array on both of them, and to tell you the truth I didn't
even think about which one might be faster when I chose which one to use for
the array I boot to. They both work fine for me.

2 WD 36gig Raptors on the Silicon that I boot to XP Pro on, and 2 Seagate
160gig's on the Intel that I store my data on.

"JMac" wrote in message
Don't know why I even bother to ask since it took me forever to get Intel
SATA up and running - didn't care which, just wanted one of em to work -

on
my new MoBo. But I'll ask anyways, which do you folks think is better
(faster, more reliable, stable etc)? Seems like a read a review somewhere
where the reviewer liked Silicon better.

I'm also wondering why they give you both options?

PATA to SATA on 8KNXP Bob Davis Homebuilt PC's 0 January 25th 04 07:57 PM
Installing WinXP on a RAID0 - Intel controller - 8KNXP henny Gigabyte Motherboards 0 December 9th 03 01:06 PM
Old ASUS A7V + Silicon Image PCI Sata Controller problem FuXi Asus Motherboards 2 November 7th 03 08:07 PM
Best bang for buck CPU? Shawk Homebuilt PC's 9 October 5th 03 07:24 PM
RAID and non-RAID combination Howard Gigabyte Motherboards 3 October 4th 03 11:54 AM