Any chance i can get 4x512MB corsair 2-2-2-5 memory to run at 1T?

Old August 18th 05, 08:41 AM
tawpgk

Default Any chance i can get 4x512MB corsair 2-2-2-5 memory to run at 1T?

When I added two more sticks of the Corsair XMS memory running at 2-2-2-5. I had to change the command rate to 2T from 1T previously. I do notice is not as fast running, but not terrible so that I can really gripe. I have never overclocked, but is there a way for met to juice or relax some of the settings so that I can run at 1T again?

I know the best way to have 2M is to have 2x1M but life didn't work out that way. LOL.

TIA

--
Tom
Old August 18th 05, 08:58 AM
tawpgk

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am running a Athlon 64 3200+ on an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe board. Fixed my sig file

--
Regards,
Tom

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Athlon 64 3200+
Zalman 7700-CU HS
Zalman NB-47J Chipset HS
4x512MB Corsair XMS 2-2-25 PC3200 ram
Chaintech 6600GT
Audigy ZS
2x160MB Samsung drives in Raid 0
1x36MB raptor
1X250MB Hitachi SATA2 drive
Viewsonic VP912b LCD
Antec P160 case
CoolerMaster 450W PSU

Old August 18th 05, 09:03 PM
Steven Liburd

tawpgk wrote:
When I added two more sticks of the Corsair XMS memory running at
2-2-2-5. I had to change the command rate to 2T from 1T previously. I do
notice is not as fast running, but not terrible so that I can really
gripe. I have never overclocked, but is there a way for met to juice or
relax some of the settings so that I can run at 1T again?

Do you really feel much of a difference between 1T and 2T? What kind of
apps are you running? Could you be more specific as to how much of an
impact having to run at 2T has on your system?

==steven
Old August 21st 05, 02:42 PM
zzipper

As I understand it this is a limitation of the memory controller in the cpu.
I thought it was a chipset issue but it isn't. The new dual-core 64's handle
4 modules better but to run at 1T you need 4 single-sided modules. My 3200
Winchester ran at 2T with 4 double-sided modules and at 1T if there were
only two. I had a Via based board, you have an NVidia so it's not the
boards. The impact for me was about 20% loss of memory bandwidth but I
needed the quantity of ram for my apps as opposed to bandwidth. The impact
was not critial. If you game, you'd be better off with 2 modules anyways,
less memory banks to address. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think how it
impacts you will depend on what you're doing.
Mark

Old September 3rd 05, 05:37 PM
Vermyndax

I have the same RAM. I had to raise my voltage to 2.8 in the BIOS... it
actually runs at 2.85 during normal operation. The limit for this RAM
is 2.9, but I had to give it as much juice as I could to keep the system
stable.

--JM