Cleaning ink pad on a Canon

Old March 11th 14, 05:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Guv Bob[_4_]

Default Cleaning ink pad on a Canon

Thanks. Do you know of a procedure to access and clean the ink absorber on MP190?

"adriatic" wrote in message ...
No there is no sensor.
Just counter. Very easy to reset. And it is not neccesary to replace
absorber after first reset.

Just for your refference here is our CISS instalation on iP 1600

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e....htm&sandbox=1

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
m...
"adriatic" wrote in message
Than take this one
http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e...B%2520CISS.htm
You can reset it easy. You have panty of tools for that. Just put a
dipers
under it when it strat to drip
When printing result is pure just buy a new printhead in every shop for
few
buks.
And the whole set up cost you cca $110 ready to print 2000 pages. And new
refil ink 4* 50 ml for the same 200 pages cost you near $20.

Do you know if there is a sensor in the absorber for the MP190? Or is it
just a counter? If it's a counter, then the reset instructions I got are
not working.

When the print head goes out, the printer goes in the trash.

I had a iP1600 and it was great. I have tried HP, Samsung and Lexmark over
the years and always go back to Canon. I bought a quart of black ink 5
years ago for $15 from a Canadian company - don't remember the name - but I
am still using it.

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
m...
"adriatic" wrote in message
I think you are waisting your time looking for this solution.

Why?

Becuse life spam of Canon printheads is cca 5000 prints. And the new
printhead cost almost as a new printer.
Next thing these printers are assembled by robot manufastoring line. And
absorber pad is firs stome in that chane. So you need to diassemmble
this
printer to that stone and reassemble it.
Just count what chance you have tobrocke something. Loose some part or
put
it together wrong.

Once again you are waisting your time. You can just reset it and thi is
it.

--
Pozdrav

Adriatic
http://adriatix.hr/
http://www.facebook.com/branimir.zagreb

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a Canon Pixma ip4950 inkjet and I was wondering if anyone knew
of
source of information on how to remove and clean out and put back the
ink
absorber pad? Also do you need to reset the printer to get it working
again
after you have done this, and if so how is that done?

My printer has not yet told me the pad is full, but I am thinking
ahead
when it does, so I can get straight on with fixing it. I mostly print
CD/DVD disks with it, which results in rather a lot of what sounds
like
cleaning cycles, which suggests it will get to the "pad full" stage
sooner
than most people!

Good points, but the choice is to try and fix it or throw it away. When
have time I'll take the printer apart and post whatever happens. I would
love to have a new printer like this one, but there are not any. The
newer
ones have 50 million keys to punch or menus to deal with. I just want a
plain old printer like MP190 that prints when I say print and does not
give
me any projects to do.