ATI Geforce 4 TI4400 flickering with detonator drivers.

Old August 1st 03, 07:53 PM
pudj

Default ATI Geforce 4 TI4400 flickering with detonator drivers.

"LordRaziel" wrote in message
m...
I just reinstalled windows after a wicked crash that somehow corupted
my hard drive and took out a stick of ram. befor I installed the
drivers the card ran good (well as good as it will with the microsoft
driver) but now that I installed it the screen will flash on and off
real fast. Any ideas?

have you tested it in another pc?
if not it may have damaged your card.
But just like to say I had a simular prob with a gforce 2 gts I could only
cure the problem by installing older detonators after ringing the
manefacturer several times they offered to change it but only after they had
tested it and that would have left me with no gfx card so i bought a ti4400
that runs flawlessly.

Old August 4th 03, 04:07 AM
LordRaziel

My computer started flickering again and my comp. restarted. When it
came back up it said it was the video card that did it and gave me
some info but I havn't got a clue what it means. I am going to post it
here and if anybody can understand it better than me let me know.
Thanks.
//
// Watchdog Event Log File
//

LogType: Watchdog
Created: 2003-08-03 22:00:37
TimeZone: 360 - Central Standard Time
WindowsVersion: XP
EventType: 0xEA - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

//
// The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop.
This
// usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the
device
// driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your
// display device vendor for any driver updates.
//

ShutdownCount: 6
Shutdown: 0
EventFlag: 1
EventCount: 1
BreakCount: 1
BugcheckTriggered: 1
DebuggerNotPresent: 1
DriverName: nv4_disp
DeviceClass: Display
DeviceDescription: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400
HardwareID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0251&SUBSYS_87101462&REV_A2
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
DriverFixedFileInfo: FEEF04BD 00010000 0006000E 000A1133 0006000E
000A1133 0000003F 00000008 00040004 00000003 00000004 00000000
00000000
DriverCompanyName: NVIDIA Corporation
DriverFileDescription: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver,
Version 44.03
DriverFileVersion: 6.14.10.4403
DriverInternalName: nv4_disp.dll
DriverLegalCopyright: (C) NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.
DriverOriginalFilename: nv4_disp.dll
DriverProductName: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver,
Version 44.03
DriverProductVersion: 6.14.10.4403

Old August 4th 03, 10:00 PM
pudj

[...]

you have infernate loop Load optimized defaults in your BIOS and do not
modify memory settingsif that doesnt work try this,set your memory settings
in the BIOS less aggressively and test.
Then make sure you have an adequate power supply,update your BIOS and
test,disable or enable AGP fast write and test (this has worked for some
people) update your mother board drivers.

Old August 5th 03, 12:43 AM
DDorsey6

It is the drivers. Put in the leaked 45.20 from 3d Guru after monitoring
several forums on FS9 and flickering stopped. Dell 8200, 512 DDR, Nvidia
TI-4600.

These drivers are complex to install. After unzipping read the read me text
and follow the directions exactly.

Dennis
Old August 5th 03, 01:33 AM
A.C.

So ATI has started building geforces, eh...