Bios files.. .BIN or .AWD????

Old October 24th 03, 06:21 PM
chris

Default Bios files.. .BIN or .AWD????

Regarding my earlier post: Help dead A7V!?

I have downloaded a new bios file from Asus' website to provide to a
supplier to flash to a new bios chip.
I downloaded a few different versions.
When I unzipped 1011 it came out as a .BIN file.
When I unzipped 1008 (the minimum needed to recognise above a Duron 1000) it
stayed as a .AWD file.

Which would be the one to provide to the chip flasher to write to my new
bios?

I updated using the 1011.Bin file and cant get to post.

regards

chris

Old October 24th 03, 06:27 PM
Ben Pope

chris wrote:
Regarding my earlier post: Help dead A7V!?

I have downloaded a new bios file from Asus' website to provide to a
supplier to flash to a new bios chip.
I downloaded a few different versions.
When I unzipped 1011 it came out as a .BIN file.
When I unzipped 1008 (the minimum needed to recognise above a Duron 1000)
it stayed as a .AWD file.

Which would be the one to provide to the chip flasher to write to my new
bios?

I updated using the 1011.Bin file and cant get to post.

Check the checksum... if it's good, go for it.

I'm not one to check the checksum myself, which is a bit silly, but I figure
there's one built into the zip file so that when I extract it, it should be
as it went in, which should be right.

In fact, now that you'll have a spare ROM... you could go for 1008 on the
new one (as thats known working)... then hotflash the old one, check that it
works, and then attempt 1011 again... that way you should have a working
spare if it goes wrong again :-)

Ben