Even AMD is laying off

Old July 14th 06, 10:53 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.invest.stocks.amd
Yousuf Khan

Default Even AMD is laying off

AMD is laying off 75 people from its Geode group.

AMD Closes Design Outpost - Forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/14/amd...rtner=yahootix
Old July 18th 06, 06:50 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.invest.stocks.amd
chrisv

Simon Yee wrote:

(snip)

*plonk*

Old July 19th 06, 08:13 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
David Kanter

Yousuf Khan wrote:
AMD is laying off 75 people from its Geode group.

AMD Closes Design Outpost - Forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/14/amd...rtner=yahootix

Yousuf, just as an FYI, the Geode group is IIRC 180 people. 75 of
those are going to FTC, and the rest get either transferred or axed.

DK

Old July 19th 06, 09:28 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Carl

So is that now 105 people hitting the skids?? You Sir should be a tabloid
journalist! SENSATIONALIZE I SAY!!!!!

Old July 19th 06, 09:45 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
David Kanter

Carl wrote:
So is that now 105 people hitting the skids?? You Sir should be a tabloid
journalist! SENSATIONALIZE I SAY!!!!!

Learn to read. I didn't say 105 are getting laid off...

I said that the remainder will be transferred or laid off.

DK

Old July 19th 06, 02:35 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
George Macdonald

On 19 Jul 2006 00:13:14 -0700, "David Kanter" wrote:

Yousuf Khan wrote:
AMD is laying off 75 people from its Geode group.

AMD Closes Design Outpost - Forbes.com
http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/14/amd...rtner=yahootix

Yousuf, just as an FYI, the Geode group is IIRC 180 people. 75 of
those are going to FTC, and the rest get either transferred or axed.

Uhh, it's in the article Daivid. I am baffled as to why AMD got involved
with Geode in the first place - I mean if Nat Semi was dumping it, an
update of an old Cyrix design, what chance was there? Hell, even the
Chinese couldn't make headway with it.

--
Rgds, George Macdonald
Old July 20th 06, 06:28 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.invest.stocks.amd
max

On 18 Jul 2006 09:58:01 -0700, "Simon Yee"
wrote:

INTEL DESERVE TO HAVE THEIR LICENSE REVOKE FOR SELLING USELESS THINGS

Yo, Simon! Where ya been, buddy? In the slam? It's been a while!
Missed ya! Lotta changes down the pike since the old days. Hey, I
like that shiny new gmail account - looks good on you!

I'll get you up to date tout de suite...

/yee-speak=on

Big bully Intel still lays down with running dogs croporate
immoralists, just money making.

AMD and ASUS live forever in the hearts of those peoples. Intel
people are your friends and family who are so ignorant. Forget them,
no trusting.

Really stupider Dell never testing components, just make hardware
reject itself.

/yee-speak=off

So, let's get together, do lunch, and work up a plan to revoke Intel's
license. After that, we can go hit Hooters and do some jello shots.

CYA!

max

Old July 20th 07, 08:37 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Carl

Christ Almighty.. You got no sense of humour.