A7V & Promise Ultra 100 & WD 200GB HDD problem

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 23rd 04, 12:31 AM
-=Bones=-

Default A7V & Promise Ultra 100 & WD 200GB HDD problem

I recently replaced my 80GB hard drive with a 200GB WD drive. I upgraded my
A7V's bios from 1007 to 1011 and the Promise Ultra 100 controller will not
recognize more than 137GB of this drive. I'm running Windows XP Pro, and the
200 GB contains the OS on a 100GB partition. If I put the drive on the IDE
controller it sees the full size, but not on the Promise.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Mike