Fastest Nvidia card for AGP?

Old May 31st 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Fastest Nvidia card for AGP?

My motherboard uses AGP (Dual core 3.3GHz).
What is the fastest NVIDIA card I could get for it?

Old May 31st 06, 10:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Tod wrote:
My motherboard uses AGP (Dual core 3.3GHz).
What is the fastest NVIDIA card I could get for it?

The NVIDIA 7800 GS...

NBK
Old June 3rd 06, 02:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Wed, 31 May 2006 21:18:53 GMT, NBK wrote:

Tod wrote:
My motherboard uses AGP (Dual core 3.3GHz).
What is the fastest NVIDIA card I could get for it?

The NVIDIA 7800 GS...

NBK

Speed is similar to 6800GT, if you can still find one.
Old June 3rd 06, 03:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

I have the 7800 GS 512mb agp card & it well outperforms my 6800gt 256mb
which i replaced it with.

For some reason my 6800 would not allow Starwars Battlefront 2 to work but
the 7800 does with no problems at all.
k.net...

Old June 26th 06, 03:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"NBK" wrote in message
Tod wrote:
My motherboard uses AGP (Dual core 3.3GHz).
What is the fastest NVIDIA card I could get for it?

The NVIDIA 7800 GS...
xfx 7800 extreme edition
NBK

Old June 26th 06, 07:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

e-GeForce 7800 GS KO SUPERCLOCKED 256MB w/ACS³

Part Number: 256-A8-N510-AX
MSRP: $379.99 USD
Performance
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS
490 MHz GPU
16 Pixel Pipelines
400 MHz RAMDAC

Memory
256 MB, 256 bit DDR3
1400 MHz (effective)
44.8 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

check the mem speed and the core speed of both i think the evga is
faster.

490 core and 1400 mem for evga
440 core and 1300 mem for XFX extream

both cost way to much.

"xtera" wrote in message
. ..

"NBK" wrote in message
Tod wrote:
My motherboard uses AGP (Dual core 3.3GHz).
What is the fastest NVIDIA card I could get for it?

The NVIDIA 7800 GS...
xfx 7800 extreme edition
NBK

Attached Images

Old June 26th 06, 09:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Mangyrat" wrote in message ...
e-GeForce 7800 GS KO SUPERCLOCKED 256MB w/ACS³

Part Number: 256-A8-N510-AX
MSRP: $379.99 USD

$380 for a 16-pipe card? OcUK's price on the 24-pipe AGP GS+
is just $60 mo
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...ics_Cards.html

With a 3+GHz cpu you'll see performance benefits from the faster
card.

Old June 27th 06, 02:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Or rather, I don't think it's available outside of a UK-based vendor. Your
roommate essentially did his own importing. Gainward Europe likely won't
honor the warranty, since it is used out of the country, though this may not
be important to everyone.

news