PSPrinters08.msi

Old December 8th 05, 02:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default PSPrinters08.msi

We have a Windows XP SP2 computer with an HP 5510 All-In-One, an HP Scanjet
ADF, and an HP940C printer. We uninstalled the HP940c after getting a
message to load a disk that has psprinter08 drivers. The message doesn't say
what it needs the drivers for.

Old December 8th 05, 08:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"SolveIT" wrote in message
We have a Windows XP SP2 computer with an HP 5510 All-In-One, an HP Scanjet
ADF, and an HP940C printer. We uninstalled the HP940c after getting a message
to load a disk that has psprinter08 drivers. The message doesn't say what it
needs the drivers for.

It is not very clear what your question is, but you could download drivers for
the Deskjet 940C from
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...59 129&os=228

Regards,
Bob Headrick

Old December 15th 05, 07:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

I had exactly the same problem with a slightly different printer (HP
OfficeJet K80) on an HP Media Center PC m7250n, after I installed an
outdated printer driver for the K80.

Very annoying message. Came up every time I booted and kept wanting to
run PSPrinters08.msi.

The actual message read:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is

unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder

containing the installation package 'PSPrinters08.msi' in the box
below.

The box below shows the path

c:\hp\tmp\src\setup\PSPrinters08\

and a "Browse" button next to it.

Needless to say, that path doesn't exist on my computer and no trace
of PSPrinters08.msi was found anywhere on the driver CD or on my
computer.

I tinkered with "msconfig" - by deactivating all startup services and
progressively activating them again. Windows Installer Service was
the only thing that would prevent the message from coming up. But
that's not something that should be turned off permanently, I would
think.

I finally fixed the problem by uninstalling "hp deskjet printer
preload" from "Add/Remove Programs". Have no idea what it's for, but
I read elsewhere that it's not needed.

Georg