The best bits of VGI are back

Old May 28th 04, 03:09 PM
Matt

Default The best bits of VGI are back

O.K. guys here's the run down a little while back Essex lost the best
computer retailer and technical help centre we had namely VGI
Computers..........Well the best parts of the VGI team are back, They're
called AIM CSL.

You can reach them on 01268 728111 or the website www.aimcsl.co.uk (it's
still under construction but its got all the pertinent info)

There still getting back on there feet but they've got the same
professional outlook to Computing I.E. honesty and Technical know how.

They're a great bunch of Guys & Gals as everyone who ever dealt with the
old VGI knows and need our support so give them a try

Matt

P.S. I am in no way linked to VGI or AIM, I'm just an old customer of
theirs who wants to see them back on their feet, as ****y World and all
the other fly by night computer shops in this area never gave such good
service as they did.

Old May 28th 04, 06:00 PM
Martin Nike

If they were so good, why did they go bust?

Old May 28th 04, 10:27 PM
Matt

Someone who shall remain nameless was allegedly cooking the companys
books and took the rest of the team down with them.

If you know Geoff and the rest of the team ask them about it.

Matt

Old May 30th 04, 12:33 AM
Matt

I would like to point out to Mike Chandler Ex Director of VGI Computers
that I used the word "alleged" on purpose as I do not know the truth of
what happened.

I simply heard rumours on the so called grapevine and in hindsight
should not of posted it here as it was hearsay.

Sorry Mike Chandler if I have caused you any offence.

Matt.

E-Mail sent to me by Mike Chandler Ex Director of VGI Computers

IOn the uk.comp.vendors newsgroup you said:
"Someone who shall remain nameless was allegedly cooking the companys
books and took the rest of the team down with them.

If you know Geoff and the rest of the team ask them about it."

This is a very serious allegation. I would like you to explain this
allegation and who made it as, since I was one of the directors, this is
news to me.

Mike Chandler

---
Old May 30th 04, 07:50 AM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Matt posted:

E-Mail sent to me by Mike Chandler Ex Director of VGI Computers

Di9d you get Mike's permission to quote his (private) e-mail here?

--
Paul-B

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old May 30th 04, 02:43 PM
Matt

No I posted his e-mail so that I could show the context, I wanted to
show Mike that I was taking his e-mail seriously and to apologize to him
in public, If I have breached any rules it won't happen again.

Matt posted:

Old May 30th 04, 05:37 PM
dave

Paul-B - the original and the best! wrote:
Matt posted:

E-Mail sent to me by Mike Chandler Ex Director of VGI Computers

Di9d you get Mike's permission to quote his (private) e-mail here?

what makes you think he'd need permission? The message was sent using an
open protocol, which can be intercepted along the way by any number of
servers (like sending a letter without an envelope). There was no
specific disclaimer or warning claiming sole ownership for the author or
prohibiting duplication/re-use, and nor was there any implied ownership
such as the use of cryptography, which would indicate that the author
wanted only the recipient to see the contents.

I saw no copyrighted material quoted or any intellectual property rights
breached. So where's the problem? Of course, all this assumes that Matt
has posted the email in full.
Old May 30th 04, 07:49 PM
Matt

I did, I have not edited it in anyway, thats way I left the AVG stuff on
the bottom it's a straight copy & paste.

Old May 30th 04, 07:56 PM
tony_s

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

Did Mr Chandler, by any chance offer some explanation for the company's
demise? As a director (and one who seems to have some knowledge of what has
happened) he should know exactly what the problem was. If the company went
into liquidation, then the reasons for its downfall would become public
knowledge eventually, so there is no reason why he should not let potential
customers know now.

Tony

Old May 30th 04, 11:00 PM
Matt

Mike Chandler didn't say!

I was a loyal customer of his company for years and I too would like
know the truth of what really happened?

All I do know for certain is that he's not linked with AIM Computer
Services Ltd. in any way.