*** Wolfenstein *** massive 3.5 stars out of 5.

Old August 21st 09, 01:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default *** Wolfenstein *** massive 3.5 stars out of 5.

Hi,

There was a thunderstorm so I had to wait with writing this review. I want
to go do other stuff and not waste to much of mine and your time so I will
try to keep it short but still well informed.

How did I experience and "receive" the Wolfestein game, in short:

Totally ****ing awesome ! LOL.

Seriously... the previous "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" game was a turd
when it came to single player.

Therefore it's extra amazing to see what these developers have done to it.

They took a piece of turd and they turned it into a fricking diamond !

A big fricking diamond... that's what it is now !

These people are not game developers... they are diamond cutters !

They can seriously take any piece of turd and turn it into a diamond... I am
pretty sure about that !

For me having played RTCW single player only a little bit... it's totally
amazing to see what has happened to Wolfenstein !

I'll try to sum it up for you in a nice overview list:

1. Superb graphics which still run nicely on DX9 cards !
2. Smooth animations.
3. Terrific weapon sounds, and sounds in general.
4. Great weapon fantasy and coolness.
5. Overal style of graphics very cool/though like.
6. Rememberable uber soldier(s):

The uber soldier with the green ray and though look will forever be in my
memory !
That's one scary looking mother****er ! AWESOME.
There are other too: the flame thrower solder, and the assasin.
(Less cool but ok, still much cooler than other games )

7. Easy missions, not to though... I don't like too though missions. (Except
the end was a bit thougher but that was kinda nice)
8. Total revamp of WW2... Most gamers will probably be sick of WW2... I know
I am... but Wolfenstein proves the contrary...
this game feels fresh, very very fresh and I had no problems playing it with
fun and enthoustatic to go to next missions other wise I wouldn't have
finished it ofcourse.
9. Pretty diverse levels.... the zeppelin level is also very rememberable.
Nice use of smoke too here and there !
10. The sewers pretty cool... that's also pretty rememberable.
11. Some shields here and there... nice..
12. Special modes... of viewing... like the veil... pretty cool... well
executed graphically.
13. Nice secrets here and there... I love secrets... I wish there were some
more... LOL because I wasn't constantly looking for them... especially in
the walls and such.
However I didn't find a lot... there are probably a lot of secrets which I
didn't find ?! Maybe to hard to find secrets ?! Hmm... maybe I'll be
watching youtube... to see
if anybody manages to find them all ?! But so many levels... wow... Maybe
just the most important ones.

14. The enemies in the cities where getting a little bit repetitive but I
still liked killing them... and you can also... simply run past them or
around them... ignore them and move on with the missions...

I should explain 14 a little bit : The game primarly takes place in two or
three cities... and you constantly moving back and forth through the city to
special locations to do missions... and I garantuee this sounds more boring
than it really is... because every location is totally different... so it's
not boring... on the contrary... it's very cool/different !

15. There were even some classy hookers and girls in it... ****ing
awesome... couldn't see their pussy... OH TO BAD LOL. well almost though
lol.
16. Lot's of dialog and hints and messages which can be found... the
character reads them out loud... which is real nice... voice speed was a bit
low but ok. (For the slow readers among us )
17. Lot's of atmosphere in the game... suiting to the situations... very
very very very good and well done.
18. Lot's of "labotaries", experimental equipment, and weapons and stuff...

The weapon upgrades were not that grade and added little if none to the
game... these were just gimmicks to show off the art work... which I do
appreciate... but at the same time... doesn't do much for gameplay... not
that it matters but ok.

19. Story is a bit wacky... but then so is this game ofcourse... paranormal
division of the nazi's... you gonna love it or hate it If you looking for
high-realism then this game not for you...

If you looking for cool reality combined with
sci-fiction/fantasy/steroids/thoughness/coolness then this game is for you !
most definetly... If you like Red Alert 3 with over top crazyness and
graphics then a game like Wolfenstein you will like too.

20. The menu is perfectly well in order... some reviewer said there was
something wrong with it ? What the hell he writing about ? I saw nothing
wrong with it.

21. I see some people complaining and bitching about the graphics of this
game... ?!? Wtf they writing about ? The graphics in this game are just as
good as Doom3/Quake4 and even better than Call of Duty 4... so shut the ****
up.

Ok on with the reviewing...

22. The saving system works very well and nice... I never had to replay too
much after I died here and there... very nice ! Big complements for that.
23. The path finding for the missions was very well done... just follow the
star ! You can even choose to roam around freely and discover some stuff or
flanking short cuts or so.

24. The special abilities were pretty cool:
24.1 Shield which absorbes bullits with cool aborbing sounds as well...
pretty cool !
24.2 Enhancer (amplifier?!) which does more damage and can shoot through
enemy shields and such !
24.3 Slowdown, to slow down time... sometimes nice for action scenes...
though I have seen this before in other shooters.
24.4 Veil mode to see enemy weaknesses and secrets and even move faster.

25. A nice flame thrower... what would wolfenstein be without a nice flame
thrower... though the flamer thrower of the previous game was probably a bit
more realistic ! but the new one is kinda nice too ! It f*cks eeeuh excuses
me it burns those mother****ers real nice !

26. Nice bullit impacts on enemies ! I appreciate that ! Now I can see
what/where the hell I hit them ! =D

27. Burning of enemies is niiccceee the become nice and crispy ! =D Even the
bitches become nice and crispy ! =D LOL.

28. At first I felt sorry at killing the defenseless enemy scientists so I
would let them be... hoping they wouldn't back stab me or flip a switch to
kill me... but... as the game progressed I realized what bad work they were
doing and that they are also pure evil and most be destroyed ! And this game
gave me some very pleasent and disturbing statisfaction at killing the
HELPLESS ! LOL.

It was realllllly nice... killing those motherf*ckers ! LOL... I was like
"DIE YOU (DEFENSELESS) SISSY" ! =D You gotta check it out ! LOL. Especially
last level... it felt good.

29. Nice water drops when moving through water or steam or whatever.

The only real problem I noticed with this game was in the zeppelin level...
I felt down and couldn't get out of the bottom... I had to kill myself...
but oh well...

Furthermore there is nothing about this game that I can complain about and
that means it's pretty high quality !

However there are also some shortcomings in this game compared to other
games... it might not be short comings... but it's just a list of things
that this game does not have that other games do have... and I will go
through that list...

1. The friendly AI doesn't really together with you... they follow you a
little bit... and they shoot a little bit... but that's it... for a WW2
scenerio... it's a bit shortcoming there... I understand these people are
not real fighters... they just civilians or peasants... I don't mind but
some people might think this is shortcoming.

2. No special things like: flying aircraft, or driving tank, or whatever...
again I don't mind... I have done all of that before in other games... I
would just be bored probably... so for me I am cool with it.

What I did miss in this game is the following:

1. Where is my bad-ass tommy gun ?!? Wolfestein without a tommy gun ?!? WTF
?! That's weird.

I think this was a decision to make the game a bit more interesting...
because tommy gun might have been boring to start with...

2. No pistols in single player ?

This is truely weird...

Also there is another littly thing that was kinda confusing:

3. The special powers were attached to key 1,2,3,4... normally weapons would
be there...

I can understand this decision... it's to force you to use the special
powers...

But this just made it a bit confusing...

Maybe F1, F2, F3, F4 might have been a better choice ?!

I had some problems getting the gun I wanted and that remained even till the
very end.

So even this game does have some problems with selecting the weapons...

Not as bad as Call of Duty 4... (thank god)

Each weapon has it's own key... that's good... but still a bit confusing.

4. Also there is no lean left, and no lean right ? Instead E was some
special power, weird ?!

5. No lieing on the ground ?! - That's a little bit a short coming.

6. No "allied" granades, only german granades.

7. No "minigun" There were other weapons though which were maybe even
better !

All these points is mostly nitpicking though.

I give the single player a rating of 3.5 out of 5 which is pretty high !

All in all I am and was very pleasantly surprised with the freshness of it !

Well done I say !

I haven't tried the multiplayer... I don't care so much about the
multiplayer because it has boring modes like the following:

1. Team deathmatch (boring, done it a million times in other games or so )
2. Deathmatch (even more boring)
3. Objective (please don't get me started on this one, very very boring,
done it a billion times in RTCW)

So from the looks of it multiplayer falls short short short... very short...
nothing new... nothing refreshing ?!?

(I could be wrong though... I will probably give it a little try)

It's also pretty ridicilous that they require a "key" for it... so pirates
can't play... pretty ridicilous.

I would probably never buy this game for multiplayer anyway... so might as
well give it away...

Single player however is a different matter.. it's pretty sweet !

So there ya go:

A massive 3.5 stars out of 5 for Wolfenstein single player ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 21st 09, 01:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
[...]

Little typo:

I ment: I was constantly looking for them...

!

)