Analog Video Capture

Old August 13th 03, 11:39 PM
Oracle3001

Default Analog Video Capture

Hi All,

I want to capture some video footage for a computer science project,
regarding image processing. I want to track the movement of a fast moving
ball, using the computer.

First I have recorded this action using an analog camcorder, and I want to
transfer this onto a pc. I have just read a review for the new Hercules 3D
Prophet All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro card (ATI chip). It comes with the ability to
capture analog video.

Do you guys think it will do a good enough job (considering I can not afford
to drop any frames on capture of the motion that is about 1 sec long). Or
should I get a card such as offered by Pinnacle or Hauupage? And what about
frame grabber cards?

Adam

Old August 13th 03, 11:57 PM
Mojo

I have an AIW 9000 Pro. This is a computer video card. Capture card. TV
card. All in one ... that's what the AIW stands for.

If your computer already has a satisfactory video card, and you just need to
be able to capture, then you can get some very inexpensive capture hardware.

If you like to NOT have to open up the PC, try an external USB capture
device.

For internal installation, try Pinnacle ... the old DC10+ is a good choice.
You can get these on Ebay for under $40.

Old August 14th 03, 12:26 AM
Ken Maltby

"Mojo" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I have had some good results using the Adaptec "VIDEOh! PCI
video converter kit" with the downloaded Snazzi* Movie Mill
capture program.

I use TMPEGnc DVD Author for the MPEG2 files I have
captured. The latest version includes a burning plugin ( but
I havn't tried it yet - I just use Nero) Works quite a lot better
than MyDVD4, IMHO.

There are two great results from using this approach,

1. No audio sync issues, the PCI card encodes both
audio and video at the same time.

2. There is no need for rendering prior to authoring a DVD
or SVCD.

Luck;
Ken

A graphics card with video capture Hupjack Homebuilt PC's 14 April 7th 04 09:15 PM
The nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal) service failed to start Anonymous Homebuilt PC's 2 December 28th 03 11:29 PM
Need help overclocking Barton 2500+ on AsRock K7VM4 and video capture questions Bill Overclocking AMD Processors 6 November 21st 03 06:25 PM
Video Capture SteveR Ati Videocards 1 August 5th 03 02:35 PM
What is the Best MOBO for desktop video capture and editing Chimera Ati Videocards 2 July 30th 03 07:26 PM