OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller Problem

Old October 21st 03, 06:17 AM
CSM

Default OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller Problem

In the device manager section of my Windows XP-Home system I have a black
exclamation mark (in a yellow circle) next to the "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394
Host Controller" that runs off of the "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers" line.
What is this? How do I correct it? When I try to update the driver, it
says it cannot continue because it can't find a better match.

HELP!

Old October 22nd 03, 06:35 PM
Morten

"CSM" wrote in message
. ..
In the device manager section of my Windows XP-Home system I have a black
exclamation mark (in a yellow circle) next to the "OHCI Compliant IEEE

1394
Host Controller" that runs off of the "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers"

line.
What is this? How do I correct it? When I try to update the driver, it
says it cannot continue because it can't find a better match.

HELP!

I too have that same problem.Even after a fresh install and using no addon
cards.I have even turned off all the other devices to stop sharing irqs and
that didn't help either.I have the A7N8X-DLX and even tried with all bios
from 1004 to the 1007.This realy is a problem.And is there an easy way to
uninstall the nforce drivers and reinstall them to try the different
versions with loosing the video drivers and haveing the problems of haveing
to reinstall again.
Help us please.We know that we are not alone here.

Morten ;-)