Identifying Motherboard's Make and Model

Old August 28th 08, 06:14 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
Hari Hari Mau

Default Identifying Motherboard's Make and Model

Hello all !

I am looking for a utility which can help me identifying the make and
model of motherboard. I need such a utility because of the following:

I am helping my dear old aunt reviving her old Pentium 3 computer. Her
HD has gone kaput and I'm giving her my still working 80GB to make her
PC works again.

I've got a problem though ...

This dear ol' aunt doesn't know where she has put the driver CD for
this PC, a no-name brand generic PC.

I tried eyeballing the mobo for a clue, unfortunately, I can't find
any "mark" or "model" printed anywhere.

Now I'm stumped.

How to download the required drivers if I don't know the make and
model of the motherboard, which has integrated VGA graphic?

Dear Gurus, please help !

If there's any utility out there that can tell me the make and model
of the motherboard of my aunt's PC, I would be extremely grateful !

Is there such utility that I can downloaded?

Please help !!

Thank you all for reading !!
Old August 28th 08, 06:27 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
Yvonne

Hari Hari Mau wrote:
[...]

Try Everest -
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/U...e_Edition.html

Old August 28th 08, 06:32 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
Yvonne

....or at ...http://majorgeeks.com/

Old August 28th 08, 06:48 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
duke

On Aug 27, 11:14*pm, Hari Hari Mau wrote:
[...]

When I tried getting Everest, I was sent to a page that said the
freeware version is no longer available.

I have been using Belarc for an excellent hardware / software / OS
audit program

download link:

Old August 28th 08, 06:51 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
Yvonne

duke wrote:

When I tried getting Everest, I was sent to a page that said the
freeware version is no longer available.

It's here -
http://majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

Old August 28th 08, 07:06 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
Johnw

Hari Hari Mau presented the following explanation :
I am looking for a utility which can help me identifying the make and
model of motherboard. I need such a utility because of the following:

I use SIW
http://www.gtopala.com/

Old August 28th 08, 04:54 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
§ñühwØ£f

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:06:46 +0800, Johnw aided th' terraists with the
following claims :

Hari Hari Mau presented the following explanation :
I am looking for a utility which can help me identifying the make and
model of motherboard. I need such a utility because of the following:

I use SIW
http://www.gtopala.com/

Dosent that assume a working install of windoze first?

Old August 28th 08, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
§ñühwØ£f

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:14:42 -0700, Hari Hari Mau aided th' terraists with
the following claims :

Hello all !

I am looking for a utility which can help me identifying the make and
model of motherboard. I need such a utility because of the following:

I am helping my dear old aunt reviving her old Pentium 3 computer. Her
HD has gone kaput and I'm giving her my still working 80GB to make her
PC works again.

I've got a problem though ...

This dear ol' aunt doesn't know where she has put the driver CD for
this PC, a no-name brand generic PC.

I tried eyeballing the mobo for a clue, unfortunately, I can't find
any "mark" or "model" printed anywhere.

Look harder. Is there a sticker anywhere on the pc case?
Move some cables outta the way. Yer already going to install a drive so
yer not afraid to get your hands dirty right?
Mobo id is often an FCC ID # xxx-xxx-xxxx or something.
Any identifying marks can be run thru a search engine.
Ive found info on every mobo Ive searched on. What brand is the box?
None? Hmmm what BIOS screen do ya get? Award, Phoenix?

Now I'm stumped.

You give up too easily

How to download the required drivers if I don't know the make and
model of the motherboard, which has integrated VGA graphic?

Prolly use teh intanets and a browser & stuff?
Oh yeah, you havent finished TASK ONE: get the identifying marks off the
mobo and run em thru g00gle.

Dear Gurus, please help !

You have to make an effort too, slacker.

If there's any utility out there that can tell me the make and model
of the motherboard of my aunt's PC, I would be extremely grateful !

MSD.

Is there such utility that I can downloaded?

Please help !!

Thank you all for reading !!

Sure...free entertainment.

Old August 28th 08, 05:06 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
smlunatick

On Aug 28, 4:54*pm, §ñühwØ£f wrote:
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:06:46 +0800, Johnw aided th' terraists with the
following claims :

Hari Hari Mau presented the following explanation :
I am looking for a utility which can help me identifying the make and
model of motherboard. I need such a utility because of the following:

I use SIW
http://www.gtopala.com/

Dosent that assume a working install of windoze first?

Installing XP onto a "blank" PC, 95% of the time, XP will start up and
give you a Windows XP system where you can find the info.
Old August 28th 08, 05:38 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.windows98
[email protected]

Well, I am FAR from a guru, but I have found Aida to be more thorough
than Belarc:

http://majorgeeks.com/download181.html