SoundMAX

Old December 23rd 09, 09:30 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc
Christian Reinbothe

Default SoundMAX

Hello,

I have an IBM ThinkCentre with a SoundMAX
Sound Card. I want to play old DOS-Games.
Where do I get the DOS-Drivers for this
SoundMAX (I scanned the net, but I did not
get anything).

Please help.

Christian

Old December 23rd 09, 11:04 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc
Ross Ridge

Christian Reinbothe wrote:
I have an IBM ThinkCentre with a SoundMAX
Sound Card. I want to play old DOS-Games.
Where do I get the DOS-Drivers for this
SoundMAX (I scanned the net, but I did not
get anything).

MS-DOS didn't use sound drivers. Each game had it's own code that talked
the sound card directly.

If you're trying to play MS-DOS games under Windows XP or newer, the
usual suggestion is to use DOSBox:

http://www.dosbox.com

An alternative is to use the MS-DOS emulator built-in Windows, along
with VDMSound which provides much better sound card emulation.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]
Old December 26th 09, 07:03 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc
Christian Reinbothe

Hello,

I have some questions:

Is the SoundMAX compatible with the Soundblaster?
If so, how do I set the BLASTER-variable to the right
value?

Greetings Christian

Old December 27th 09, 05:59 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc
Ross Ridge

Christian Reinbothe wrote:
Is the SoundMAX compatible with the Soundblaster?

Nope. You have to use a program like DOSEmu that will emulate a
SoundBlaster.

Ross Ridge

--
l/ // Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU
[oo][oo]

Old August 21st 10, 07:11 AM
computerlaptop computerlaptop is offline
Junior Member

Hi
SoundMAX is a suite of audio processing algorithms tailored to run on ADI components. These processing algorithms are licensed to equipment manufacturers, who integrate them with ADI’s signal processing solutions to deliver an optimal listening solution to their customers. The SoundMAX logo gives you confidence that your entertainment experience will be the best it can be.
__________________
Computer Laptop
Old August 28th 10, 08:05 PM
lostprince lostprince is offline
Junior Member

I dont think msdos uses any sound drivers..
dos games are designed to use the sound card directly..
they can play some beeping noise..

soundmax adi tonga Asus Motherboards 2 June 21st 06 11:18 PM
SoundMax Problem Peter Asus Motherboards 2 January 22nd 06 12:16 AM
install of SoundMax Al Compaq Computers 2 February 16th 05 06:47 PM
P4C800-E and SoundMax Bob Asus Motherboards 1 October 15th 04 12:21 AM
SoundMax Paul M Asus Motherboards 0 September 29th 04 06:20 PM