FS: Compaq Rackmount "Storage System" bays.

Old December 16th 04, 02:43 AM
Dan

Default FS: Compaq Rackmount "Storage System" bays.

I've got to many "Storage System" bays, and need to free up some space.
They are similar to the "UI" without the hot-swappable power supply.

Make me an offer, any offer. To ship: You pay for shipping (or pickup in
North Seattle) - what the actual costs are to ship. UPS is the easiest way
to ship. Other means will be discussed.

Best offer gets the drive full of 4.3 GB 10K drives with sleds. (or just
sleds & screws if you don't want to pay for the shipping of the drives)

I also have enough 9GB 10K drives to fill in a bay

I do accept "paypal" if interested - or necessary.

Dan French
bios {underscore} hack {at} hotmail {dot} com

Old December 16th 04, 03:35 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

Hey, Dan ... Happy Holidays. Havent seen you here for a while. what have you
been up to?

Hope you are well ...

- LC

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message ...

Old December 18th 04, 04:05 PM
Dan

Hi Nut!
I've been lurking for some time. My primary system's hard drive is flaky,
and that is put a damper on things. For me, life goes on.

It looks like several of the storage units are going to be land fill. Not
one offer given...

Dan French

Old December 18th 04, 05:28 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

try your local xxx.forasle / fortrade group

are you talking about the older proliant stroage that only does the fast
scsi-2 drives, with 7 bays and all that ?

I have one in storage that is full of 2.1G 50pin drives. Im working on
collecting my first TB with the FCAL gear I have. Personally, I dont have
any room, or time for those oldie but goodies. There has to be some tech
recycler, or good will, or something out there

Good luck,

- LC

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message ...

Old December 18th 04, 06:20 PM
Dan

I would call these the 2nd generation, 7 drive bays -- and will house the
fast-wide drives. They do not have swappable power supply or controller.
(The "first" generation being the 50-pin "narrow" drive bays)

Would you like an upgrade from 2.1 G to 4.3 G? That would double your
available space :-)

I'll follow up with a "local" posting and see if there is any interest.

Old December 18th 04, 07:19 PM
Aidan Grey

Dan:

Try listing these items on Ebay. That will give you the largest possible
market for such items.

Aidan Grey

Old December 19th 04, 03:23 AM
Dan

Aidan:

Thank you for the advise. Selling on eBay is a pain in the !@#&*.
Listing the time, re-listing the item, trying to offer a better deal. I've
got about 5+ of these things. As noted, "Best offer" would get drives/drive
trays for free (only shipping - if wanted). I can't do that with eBay.

Not to mention that I'm willing to accept $1.00 (+ shipping) for these. I'd
rather see them go to a good home (reseller?) than to the scrap pile.

Dan French

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 February 3rd 05 01:27 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 17th 04 12:49 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 5th 04 11:17 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 April 25th 04 10:45 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 February 7th 04 02:59 PM