I have flicker on my new system

Old May 3rd 11, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
metspitzer

Default I have flicker on my new system

I have a 27" LG LCD. I am told that LCD's don't flicker. I have a
Gigabyte mobo, Win7 and a Sapphire HD 6970. The main programs I use
are Agent 4.2, IE8 and Fire fox 4.

The screen will flash black for an instant and then it is OK for 15
min. Then it will flash black again. It does this on all 3 programs.
I have the latest drivers installed.

Could someone suggest how I can track down the cause?

Thanks

--
O'Neil to General Hammond:
For the record Sir, I wanted to blow it the hell up.
Old May 3rd 11, 11:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

Is it during watching HD video? The release notes for 11.4 mention a
crash after watching HD video for awhile. To not experience that, I'm
running 11.3.

A couple of times I've had streaming video lockups (the player's fault,
I think) where the screen would go black, and then come back with a
quick message that the video driver reset itself.

That's all I know that's related.
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old May 4th 11, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
metspitzer

On Tue, 03 May 2011 15:08:34 -0700, Ed Light
wrote:

Is it during watching HD video? The release notes for 11.4 mention a
crash after watching HD video for awhile. To not experience that, I'm
running 11.3.

A couple of times I've had streaming video lockups (the player's fault,
I think) where the screen would go black, and then come back with a
quick message that the video driver reset itself.

That's all I know that's related.

It happens without playing any video. I think it may be McAffe Site
Advisor. It happens so fast it is hard to pin down.