ATI Control Panel (Not C.C.C.)

Old March 21st 11, 11:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

Default ATI Control Panel (Not C.C.C.)

I have upgrade from my old 9600 Pro to a newer XFX Radeon HD4350 but i hate
the Catalyst Control Panel, does anyone know the last version of "ATI
Control Panel" right now i'm using xp pro sp3 32bit but will be moving to
Win7 64 bit in next 6 months.

TIA

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5969 (20110320) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old March 21st 11, 08:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Markus[_2_]

"Jim" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
b.com...
I have upgrade from my old 9600 Pro to a newer XFX Radeon HD4350 but i hate
the Catalyst Control Panel, does anyone know the last version of "ATI
Control Panel" right now i'm using xp pro sp3 32bit but will be moving to
Win7 64 bit in next 6 months.

TIA

signature database 5969 (20110320) __________

http://www.eset.com

I believe they discontinued the old Control Panel in 2006 already. So
whatever the "last version" of the ATI Control Panel was, I strongly doubt
it would work with your HD4350. :-(

Old March 21st 11, 10:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

"Markus" wrote in message
"Jim" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
b.com...
I have upgrade from my old 9600 Pro to a newer XFX Radeon HD4350 but i
hate
the Catalyst Control Panel, does anyone know the last version of "ATI
Control Panel" right now i'm using xp pro sp3 32bit but will be moving to
Win7 64 bit in next 6 months.

TIA

I believe they discontinued the old Control Panel in 2006 already. So
whatever the "last version" of the ATI Control Panel was, I strongly doubt
it would work with your HD4350. :-(

Oh great i liked it because i could never get tv out to work using CCC,
guess i'll have to get my head round CCC then, do you know of any good
fourms that deal with ATI cards i have heard guru3d is a good place to start

Old March 22nd 11, 05:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 3/21/2011 3:32 PM PT, Jim typed:

I have upgrade from my old 9600 Pro to a newer XFX Radeon HD4350 but i
hate
the Catalyst Control Panel, does anyone know the last version of "ATI
Control Panel" right now i'm using xp pro sp3 32bit but will be moving to
Win7 64 bit in next 6 months.

I believe they discontinued the old Control Panel in 2006 already. So
whatever the "last version" of the ATI Control Panel was, I strongly doubt
it would work with your HD4350. :-(

Oh great i liked it because i could never get tv out to work using CCC,
guess i'll have to get my head round CCC then, do you know of any good
fourms that deal with ATI cards i have heard guru3d is a good place to start

http://www.rage3d.com/ is a good one that has been around for years
since my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro days.

When you mentioned TV out problems. Is that CRT TV output as secondary
display with VGA primary display? I have this problem with ATI Radeon
4870 video card (512 MB of RAM) and Catalyst suite v10.12 in my old,
updated Windows XP Pro. SP3.
--
"This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than there's war between
man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds
Old March 23rd 11, 01:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Jim

"Ant" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Hi Ant, yes it's an older CRT TV for the life of me i can't get tv out
working the way i want it to, it will show image on tv but then i loose
picture on the monitor, it's doing my head in

Old March 30th 11, 06:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 3/22/2011 6:12 PM PT, Jim typed:

Oh great i liked it because i could never get tv out to work using CCC,
guess i'll have to get my head round CCC then, do you know of any good
fourms that deal with ATI cards i have heard guru3d is a good place to
start

http://www.rage3d.com/ is a good one that has been around for years since
my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro days.

When you mentioned TV out problems. Is that CRT TV output as secondary
display with VGA primary display? I have this problem with ATI Radeon 4870
video card (512 MB of RAM) and Catalyst suite v10.12 in my old, updated
Windows XP Pro. SP3.

Hi Ant, yes it's an older CRT TV for the life of me i can't get tv out
working the way i want it to, it will show image on tv but then i loose
picture on the monitor, it's doing my head in

Yeah. same exact symptoms. From what I told from another ATI user, newer
drivers do this. I assume you use VGA for monitor too? They only work
with DVI+TV. In order for VGA and CRT TV out to work again, you need
to use very old drivers (e.g., v9.7 -- I still have a copy of it just in
case) and most likely old video cards like HD 4870 (still using it after
2.25 years).

My problem is that newer games need newer drivers and I get blue screens
with DVB Viewer Pro after playing games and 3D stuff (yes, there's a
workaround to use older ativva* files) with older drivers. It's annoying!

FYI, newer NVIDIA cards and drivers are worse. No fullscreen video
overlays at all! They started that a few years ago when 8800 GT was new.
IIRC, it was related to copy protection/DRM. This is probably the same
for ATI. Lame! Hence why I switched to ATI. Now, we are stuck on
video cards to pick for what we want to do. It doesn't help if you want
to game! Ugh.

I wished Matrox came back like they did with their G400 cards. They
kicked arse back in the old days. Intel is too slow for gaming.

BTW, I forgot to mention http://forums.amd.com/game/ for ATI forums.
--
"In an ant colony, dew is a flood." --Afghan
Old April 16th 11, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Wookie[_3_]

You can always just download the ATI drivers and do not download and use
CCC.

b.com...

database 5969 (20110320) __________

http://www.eset.com