8800 GTS thoughts?

Old April 8th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Slap

Default 8800 GTS thoughts?

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
In addition, I am now looking at two cards.

1: EVGA 8800 GTS w/ 320 mb ram
2: BFG 8800 GTS w/ 640 mb ram

Both cards, are pretty much spec'd the same in regards to core and memory
speeds.

Only question in my mind, is will the additional 320 mb ram on the BFG
card be worth the app 130 bucks difference in price between the two.

I do plan on upgrading to Vista and utilizing dx10 in the future. I
primarily fly MS FSX, and understand it really likes a lot of ram on the
video card.

Yeah, the BFG 8800 is the one. Great warranty and you can never have enough
ram.

Old April 8th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

"Slap" wrote in message

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
In addition, I am now looking at two cards.

1: EVGA 8800 GTS w/ 320 mb ram
2: BFG 8800 GTS w/ 640 mb ram

Both cards, are pretty much spec'd the same in regards to core and memory
speeds.

Only question in my mind, is will the additional 320 mb ram on the BFG
card be worth the app 130 bucks difference in price between the two.

I do plan on upgrading to Vista and utilizing dx10 in the future. I
primarily fly MS FSX, and understand it really likes a lot of ram on the
video card.

Yeah, the BFG 8800 is the one. Great warranty and you can never have
enough ram.

Makes sense , thanks for the feedback Slap.

--
Don

Old April 9th 07, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
RR Johnson Jr.

EVGA provides a lifetime warranty on most of their videocards plus a stepup
program within 90 days of purchase which BFG doesn't have.

regards
Robert

"Slap" wrote in message

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
In addition, I am now looking at two cards.

1: EVGA 8800 GTS w/ 320 mb ram
2: BFG 8800 GTS w/ 640 mb ram

Both cards, are pretty much spec'd the same in regards to core and
memory speeds.

Only question in my mind, is will the additional 320 mb ram on the BFG
card be worth the app 130 bucks difference in price between the two.

I do plan on upgrading to Vista and utilizing dx10 in the future. I
primarily fly MS FSX, and understand it really likes a lot of ram on the
video card.

Yeah, the BFG 8800 is the one. Great warranty and you can never have
enough ram.

Makes sense , thanks for the feedback Slap.

--
Don

BFG 8800 GTS OC 320mb versus BFG 8800 GTS OC 640mb Jethro Nvidia Videocards 4 March 21st 07 02:24 PM
BFG 8800 GTX and Games Mike Vajda Nvidia Videocards 21 February 11th 07 10:22 AM
8800 GTX or not? [email protected] Nvidia Videocards 47 February 7th 07 09:26 PM
8800 gtx Catfish Nvidia Videocards 0 January 6th 07 07:28 AM
FireGL 8800 >>AndreA Ati Videocards 6 September 14th 03 09:17 AM