Killzone PS3 in September? LoL can't wait to see the MASSIVE DOWNGRADE

Old April 7th 07, 03:21 AM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
AirRaid[_2_]

Default Killzone PS3 in September? LoL can't wait to see the MASSIVE DOWNGRADE

"First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377
http://tinyurl.com/2rbuom

there's no way that Killzone running on RSX, a GPU that is a
downgraded NV47 / G70 /
GeForce 7800 GTX, will look anything like the trailer shown at E3
2005.

I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War. I do
expect some nice physics & animation, though.

Old April 7th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SHaKeY STeVe

On Apr 6, 10:21 pm, "AirRaid" wrote:

I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War. I do
expect some nice physics & animation, though.

I'd be surprised also, but there's always hope...

Old April 7th 07, 05:17 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John J

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
"First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377
http://tinyurl.com/2rbuom

there's no way that Killzone running on RSX, a GPU that is a
downgraded NV47 / G70 /
GeForce 7800 GTX, will look anything like the trailer shown at E3
2005.

I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War. I do
expect some nice physics & animation, though.

Sony has too much riding on Killzone to release it with noticeably inferior
graphics compared to Gears Of War.

Old April 7th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
boodybandit

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
"First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377
http://tinyurl.com/2rbuom

there's no way that Killzone running on RSX, a GPU that is a
downgraded NV47 / G70 /
GeForce 7800 GTX, will look anything like the trailer shown at E3
2005.

I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War.

You say this like it is a bad thing. I'd be thrilled if it had visuals as
good as Gears of War. I never thought for a second it would come close to
the CGI demo showed at past E3's. It's called "hype / marketing".

I do expect some nice physics & animation, though.

Hopefully this will be one place it outshines GoW.

Old April 7th 07, 05:37 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John J

"boodybandit" wrote in message

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
"First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377
http://tinyurl.com/2rbuom

there's no way that Killzone running on RSX, a GPU that is a
downgraded NV47 / G70 /
GeForce 7800 GTX, will look anything like the trailer shown at E3
2005.

I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War.

You say this like it is a bad thing. I'd be thrilled if it had visuals as
good as Gears of War. I never thought for a second it would come close to
the CGI demo showed at past E3's. It's called "hype / marketing".

I call it deceptive marketing, and Sony seems to be guilty of it far more
than the competition. When was the last time Nintendo did it?

Here's an example of just how bad it is. There was a thread about a month
ago about how good Ratchet & Clank was shaping up on the PS3 based on
pictures in EGM. I replied that the pictures were obviously bull**** and
someone replied saying they did it all the time and gave this example:

"Compare this prerelease shot of Up Your Arsenal in February 2004

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen002.jpg

to an actual game shot in October 2004

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen001.jpg

Notice how anti-aliasing and crispness are so much better in the
February shot? That's why I don't get why some people consider R&C
games to have some of the best graphics not only of the PS2 but also
of last gen. The animation of R&C games is great but the image
quality/texturing is quite mediocre."

Old April 7th 07, 09:08 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
boodybandit

"John J" wrote in message
"boodybandit" wrote in message

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
"First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377
http://tinyurl.com/2rbuom

there's no way that Killzone running on RSX, a GPU that is a
downgraded NV47 / G70 /
GeForce 7800 GTX, will look anything like the trailer shown at E3
2005.

I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War.

You say this like it is a bad thing. I'd be thrilled if it had visuals
as good as Gears of War. I never thought for a second it would come
close to the CGI demo showed at past E3's. It's called "hype /
marketing".

I call it deceptive marketing, and Sony seems to be guilty of it far more
than the competition.

But they "ALL" do it.

When was the last time Nintendo did it?

Who cares? Nintendo has been an also ran for the past decade in console
gaming and they are not in this new gen with their last gen spec system they
are trying to pass off as current / next gen.

Here's an example of just how bad it is. There was a thread about a month
ago about how good Ratchet & Clank was shaping up on the PS3 based on
pictures in EGM. I replied that the pictures were obviously bull**** and
someone replied saying they did it all the time and gave this example:

"Compare this prerelease shot of Up Your Arsenal in February 2004

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen002.jpg

to an actual game shot in October 2004

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen001.jpg

Notice how anti-aliasing and crispness are so much better in the
February shot? That's why I don't get why some people consider R&C
games to have some of the best graphics not only of the PS2 but also
of last gen. The animation of R&C games is great but the image
quality/texturing is quite mediocre."

All companies photo shop their pre release pics. Look at Colin Mcrae Dirt.
Some places were using CGI and passing it off as actual in game footage and
the early pics were definitely doctored. Now we are getting a game that
only runs at 30 fps (and I doubt that will be a constant) with excellent
visuals but no where near the level of early pics and movies.

Hell yes Sony "seems" to do this more than any other company but still they
are "ALL" guilty of it.

Old April 7th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
boodybandit

"John J" wrote in message
"boodybandit" wrote in message

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
"First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September"

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377
http://tinyurl.com/2rbuom

there's no way that Killzone running on RSX, a GPU that is a
downgraded NV47 / G70 /
GeForce 7800 GTX, will look anything like the trailer shown at E3
2005.

I'll be surprised if it even looks as good as Gears Of War.

You say this like it is a bad thing. I'd be thrilled if it had visuals
as good as Gears of War. I never thought for a second it would come
close to the CGI demo showed at past E3's. It's called "hype /
marketing".

I call it deceptive marketing, and Sony seems to be guilty of it far more
than the competition.

And what most seem to forget is the developers say this is the level of
graphics / detail and pyshics / gameplay we are "shooting" for / feel the
system is capable of. Yes that's still bull but no where do companies /
developers come right out and say these are the games are going to look and
play like without question.

Old April 8th 07, 12:11 AM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Brenden D. Chase[_2_]

"John J" wrote in message
"boodybandit" wrote in message

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I love how you picked the crappiest of the bunch to represent the 'newer'
picture. Oldest trick in the book.

Old April 8th 07, 04:01 AM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John J

"Brenden D. Chase" wrote in message

"John J" wrote in message
"boodybandit" wrote in message

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

They all look crappy compared to the first pic...

Old April 8th 07, 03:34 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Brenden D. Chase[_2_]

"John J" wrote in message
"boodybandit" wrote in message

"AirRaid" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Let's compare from IGN since gamespot loves to use "the crappiest" quality
of photos.

February:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ra...022404_000.jpg

October:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ar...8030605065.jpg

I tried to find that other photo you had, but couldnt. Sorry. But i still
believe you stand corrected.