5000 series

Old September 22nd 04, 05:32 AM
Ted

Default 5000 series

5wv254. What speed processor can I upgrade my 700 MHz Anthon with?
Thanks in advance
Ted

Old September 22nd 04, 12:36 PM
HH

Your PC came with a 700 MHz Duron, not an Athlon. It can take up to at least
a 950MHz Athlon, which is what the top model in the 5WV2 series has.
HH

Old September 22nd 04, 02:04 PM
Tomas

"Ted" wrote in message ...
5wv254. What speed processor can I upgrade my 700 MHz Anthon with?
Thanks in advance
Ted

If the 5000 series is like the 5000US, then reportedly 1.2G Athlon is
possible according to he

ftp://ftp.fic.com.tw/motherboard/cpu...cketa/az31.pdf

Or 1.1G Athlon according to he

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/mb_cmpqsk7.html

Does your motherboard look like the one pictured?

I briefly looked at upgrading my 5000US to a 1.1G Athlon but decided
it was not cost-effective. Might upgrade to a 7,200rpm 8MB HDD
though. Once I figure out how to install the OS on the new HDD since
I don't have the installation disc just the recovery disc.
Old September 24th 04, 03:18 AM
Ted

Yes HH.. its a 700MHz Duran of course. I don't think the very slight
improvement with a 950MHz would be worth the effort!
Bur thanks anyway.
Ted

Old September 24th 04, 03:36 AM
HH

Hmmm. Dunno. To a 950 Duron, I agree. A 950 Athlon would be noticeably
faster, though. Much larger L1 and L2 cache.
HH