5700 ultra

Old January 15th 04, 05:41 PM
John Lewis

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:51:05 -0800, "Baz" wrote:

I just installed this card in my computer. It is only running about half of
the rated speed for the chip and the memory.

Explain exactly how you came to this conclusion.

John Lewis

I have the 5 volt plug in
correctly. I have even ran another 5 volt plug from another power supply to
the card and there is no change. Any ideas ? Thanks !

Old January 15th 04, 06:51 PM
Baz

Default 5700 ultra

I just installed this card in my computer. It is only running about half of
the rated speed for the chip and the memory. I have the 5 volt plug in

Old January 15th 04, 08:05 PM
Darkfalz

"Baz" wrote in message
I used the program "AIDA 32" It says that my GPU speed is 50MHZ. My

real
clock speed is 104 MHZ. My effective clock speed is 208 MHZ. My other
computer is a Geforce TI 3. All the numbers on it match with what it

says
in it's manual. The bandwidth is 3341MB/s with the 5700 ultra. With the
Geforce 3 it is 6641 MB?s Thanks for responding.

Could be a bug in Aida32. Remember, Aida32 needs to know about your specific
GPU to know how to accurately calculate it's speed/memory bandwidth.

Old January 15th 04, 11:49 PM
Albert

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:51:05 -0800, "Baz" wrote:

I just installed this card in my computer. It is only running about half of
the rated speed for the chip and the memory. Any ideas ? Thanks !

Check your clocks with Rivatuner
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner&menu=8

Have a great day,
Albert

Old January 16th 04, 10:11 PM
Baz

I downloaded and installed rivatuner. It shows my core at 300 and my memory
at 900. The memory speed is correct, but the core is 175 MHZ. low. I
overclocked the core to 450. I saw very little improvement. Is it about
time to call the manufacturer?

Old January 17th 04, 07:11 PM
anon

300Mhz is the speed the GPU runs at in 2D mode.
Install the coolbit registry hack and then check the display adapter Clock
Frequencies setting for 'Performance' mode.