Which one best for EASports games?!: GeForce 4 Ti 4600 or ATI Sapphire 9600 Pro/9800?!

Old September 4th 03, 10:54 AM
Mangyrat

Default Which one best for EASports games?!: GeForce 4 Ti 4600 or ATI Sapphire 9600 Pro/9800?!

twice the price? check newegg.com for
Sapphire Radeon 9800 SE 128mb DDR DVI TV 8x AGP $196 with free shiping
your getting a hole new sys i take it? well just let the computer shop put
in a cheap card what ever it dont matter and then order a good one online.
your a gamer you need a good video card one that will last you a few years
and the ti4600 is not gona hold up that long with the next generation games
coming out. if your dead set on getting the card at the same shop then go
with the 9600 pro.
i see your a sports gamer but i bet you will be playing other games like
half life 2 or doom 3 and who is to say what game you may want to try next
year. if you get a mid range or low end card now your gona wish you had not
got it later. you might as well get a good one now and not have to replace
it in 6 month or a year down the road.

im a gamer and i have tryed a few cards in my time around 15 or so the one
thing i learned is buy cheap and you will be buying it agian in 6 months.

you asked what card run's EA games better well that's hard to say it changes
form driver to driver for both nividia and ati. if i had to pick out of the
2 card's you listed i would get the 9600.
hell thats a lie i would not pick either card i would get the 9800 non pro
for $196 and run it at pro speed

--
If life is a bitch then live it like she is drunk and naked.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am about to buy a new Pentium 4 and since I play mostly sport games
like those from EASports (FIFA, NBA, F1, etc..) I was wondering which
card would be my best choice: GeForce4 Ti4600 128 Mb DDR, Hercules 3D
Prophet 9600 Pro 128Mb or ATI Sapphire 9600 Pro 128 DDR?! I would choose
one of those as those are the ones currently available at a good price
at my local PC store where I would buy my entire Pentium 4. The ATI 9700
also seemed fine but I don't think they sell them anymore and the 9800
Sapphire and Pro are both twice the price of the previous mentioned
cards!

Anyway, which of those cards gives the best performance, like
framerates, most beautiful graphics, etc.. and no problems with those
games?! Are the EASports games designed for a certain type of card, so
that they would always give better performance with that type compared
to others types or isn't that the case? Anybody who has experience with
more then one of the above mentioned cards, so that you can perhaps make
a comparison?!

Also, which of those cards is the most silent one, as I like my PC as
silent as possible!!

Thanks in advance for all good feedback! Please don't forget to mention
which card(s) exactly you have so that there won't be any confusion as
the names of all those cards seem to be very similar! Thanks again!

Mike.

Old September 4th 03, 12:44 PM
JT

The SE version has only 128bit memory and/or 4 pipelines as opposed to
256bit and 8 pipelines for the standard 9800 nonpro. I've seen on NewEgg
which has the Sapphire 9800 nonpro for $249 where they appear to be flashing
these into 9800 pro's successfully.

Old September 6th 03, 10:45 AM
J.Clarke

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:43:42 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

**** consoles. They keep releasing new ones, every year. What a
waste of cash.

**** video boards. They keep releasing new ones, every six months.
What a waste of cash.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old September 6th 03, 03:10 PM
J.Clarke

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:17:03 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that depending on which console you
have, you are limited in what games you can play.

The same is true of a PC.

I would have to
own every console, out there, to play what I wanted.

I see. You are content to restrict yourself only to those titles that
are available for the PC but are not content to restrict yourselves to
those titles that are available on any other game console.

Yeah, real
budget-friendly! NOT. I can get by for at least a year and a half
with one video card.-

The thing that you don't seem to grasp is that the PC is from that
viewpoint just another kind of game console, and the most expensive of
them all by a huge margin.

Pug Fugley stood up at show-n-tell, in
t, and said:

"Strontium" wrote in message
**** consoles. They keep releasing new ones, every year. What a
waste of cash.

How ironic

New consoles come out every 5 years or so for $199.

Video cards come out every 3 months or so for $300. Talk about a
waste of cash!

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

Old September 6th 03, 03:17 PM
J.Clarke

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 17:40:02 GMT
"Pug Fugley" wrote:

"Strontium" wrote in message
Oh, and let's not forget the fact that depending on which console
you

have,
you are limited in what games you can play. I would have to own
every console, out there, to play what I wanted. Yeah, real
budget-friendly! NOT. I can get by for at least a year and a half
with one video card.

Actually by limiting yourself to only PC, YOU have the worst selection
of games there is. Talk about limited.

Plus with my Xbox I can play games in full Dolby Digital 5.1 on a 65"
HDTV while lounging on the couch.

Uh, with my PC I can play games on an 8 foot TV while lounging on my
couch. When I finally get the room set up the way I want it it will
become a 12 foot TV.

Sure beats the hell out of sitting
in a computer chair squinting at a 17" monitor...and that's AFTER you
get the game working with all the patches and things you need, hoping
you don't have any crashed and praying that your hardware is
compatable.