HIS Excalibur 9600XT Card is dead after 3 months and Hightech doesn'trespond to email reuests

Old September 19th 04, 02:53 PM
Eric Lancer

Default HIS Excalibur 9600XT Card is dead after 3 months and Hightech doesn'trespond to email reuests

Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
Tech Support of RMA's?

I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
than a month.

The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
warranty.....

Thanks for any help provided!

Old September 19th 04, 05:04 PM
The Berzerker

"Eric Lancer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
Tech Support of RMA's?

I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
than a month.

The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
warranty.....

Thanks for any help provided!

Perhaps you should contact the place you purchased it from? This way you'll
get a replacement, and they can bother Hightech. (Unless you purchased it
directly from Hightech)

Old September 19th 04, 06:34 PM
QZ

"Eric Lancer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
Tech Support of RMA's?
I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
than a month.
The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
warranty.....

What exactly is the nature of the card failure?
I have the same card, I installed it a month ago. I bought it because a
review said the card was relatively quiet; I got it from New Egg, they are
one of the few vendors that sell it in the USA. There is no warranty info.on
NewEgg's site, but that is not unusual, as I bought a few other items, and
not all of them showed the warranty, yet checking the manufactuer's site
there was a warranty. However, Hightech shows no warranty on the site or the
box, AFAICT. Probably one should not buy a card from a company that doesn't
even display a warranty, but reviews say they are a popular brand overseas,
so I went for the quieter card. Assuming you bought it from NewEgg, they say
if the vendor wouldn't give you warranty service, because they are overseas
or any other reason, they will honor the warranty posted; the problem is,
there is no warranty posted, so likely they won't replace it, but within a
year, it is worth a try because NewEgg is a very good vendor. Tell us the
vendor, and if you do get it replaced.

Old September 20th 04, 06:26 AM
mardi

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:53:17 GMT, Eric Lancer wrote:

Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
Tech Support of RMA's?

I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
than a month.

The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
warranty.....

Thanks for any help provided!

I'm sure you saw their telephone number he
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/contactus.htm

Hong Kong though Tel: +852 2796 3788. might be pricey.
Old September 20th 04, 12:10 PM
Eric Lancer

The Berzerker wrote:
"Eric Lancer" wrote in message
ink.net...

Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
Tech Support of RMA's?

I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
than a month.

The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
warranty.....

Thanks for any help provided!

Perhaps you should contact the place you purchased it from? This way you'll
get a replacement, and they can bother Hightech. (Unless you purchased it
directly from Hightech)

I have contacted NewEgg twice and now a 3rd time.............no help
there yet....
Old September 20th 04, 12:12 PM
Eric Lancer

I bought it from NewEgg.......in June, 2004.........the card has
produced massively corrupted video in 2 motherboards using 3 different
driver sets..............the display is unreadable.

I am now in the process of asking NewEgg for help with getting HIS to
respond.

Old September 20th 04, 12:13 PM
Eric Lancer

Yes.........I am going to write them next by snail mail..............

Old September 20th 04, 11:32 PM
BK24

"mardi" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:53:17 GMT, Eric Lancer wrote:

Does any one know how to get this company to respond to requests for
Tech Support of RMA's?

I have written them 4 times on their web site with no response for more
than a month.

The card in question is only 3 months old, so it should be in
warranty...however, interestingly, there is no warranty information on
the web site, in any of the information in the retail box, or the
documentation in the manual..................so, maybe there is no
warranty.....

Thanks for any help provided!

I'm sure you saw their telephone number he
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/contactus.htm

Hong Kong though Tel: +852 2796 3788. might be pricey.

Aggrevating enough to talk to India folk when you call for anything else. I
would hate to attempt to talk to them.

Old October 5th 04, 01:50 AM
Eric Lancer

I sent it back to NewEgg.com and they are replacing it with an Abit

Thanks NewEgg!