New 9200 with 6.14.10.6378 driver in XP Doesn't Offer 640 x 480 resolution!

Old October 5th 03, 05:29 AM
Don Enderton

Default New 9200 with 6.14.10.6378 driver in XP Doesn't Offer 640 x 480 resolution!

New 9200 with 6.14.10.6378 driver in XP doesn't Offer 640 x 480 resolution!

The slider in Display Properties doesn't go below 600 x 800!

Is that normal?

(please, no cracks about why do I want 640 x 480 - I just want to know if
this thing is working as designed)

Old October 5th 03, 07:16 AM
Dale Green

"Don Enderton" wrote in message
New 9200 with 6.14.10.6378 driver in XP doesn't Offer 640 x 480

resolution!

It's normal. If one really needs the resolution then reboot to VGA mode.

Old October 5th 03, 07:48 AM
Don Enderton

Yes, Daniel Tonks in another string gave me this reference:

-- Don

landnet.com...

Old October 5th 03, 09:15 AM
Someguy

The slider in Display Properties doesn't go below 600 x 800!

Is that normal?

Windows XP doesnt allow 640 x 480 for desktop resolution, once the drivers
are installed properly. It's a feature of Windows XP.

Games and various other full screen apps, you can certain choose 640 x 480
if you wish.

Old October 5th 03, 10:43 PM
Bratboy

Pfft, easy enough to do. R-click desktop - Display - Advanced - Adapter
and on that pg at the bottom will see a button "List all modes" click that
and select 640 at whatever color and ref rate you want