Problem with partition . . . HELP!

Old January 24th 04, 03:18 PM
Zmirky

Default Problem with partition . . . HELP!

I ran FDISK and created DOS Boot partition an set it to be 10% of HDD size
and now after installing windows HDD shows up as a 8 GB disk other than 80
GB one. How can I restore the whole 80Gigs ???

I would appreciate any help you could offer me...

Thanks!

Old January 24th 04, 03:27 PM
philo

"Zmirky" wrote in message
I ran FDISK and created DOS Boot partition an set it to be 10% of HDD size
and now after installing windows HDD shows up as a 8 GB disk other than 80
GB one. How can I restore the whole 80Gigs ???

I would appreciate any help you could offer me...

Thanks!

You can just run fdisk again and create a logical drive...

Old January 24th 04, 03:38 PM
Zmirky

You can just run fdisk again and create a logical drive...

Do Ii have to format HDD before creating logical drive and erase this boot
partition?

Old January 24th 04, 04:36 PM
philo

"Zmirky" wrote in message
You can just run fdisk again and create a logical drive...

Do Ii have to format HDD before creating logical drive and erase this boot
partition?

no
you can just create an additional partition

but you will have to format that one in order to use it

here is a link on fdisk

http://www.fdisk.com/

also be sure you have the latest version of fdisk

Old January 24th 04, 04:43 PM
Zmirky

thanks!

Old January 24th 04, 05:26 PM
philo

"Zmirky" wrote in message
thanks!

OK

btw: I hope you were using the updated version
of fdisk

if fdisk does not "see" the whole drive
then you will need the newer version
such as you can get from a win ME bootdisk ( see www.bootdisk.com )

Old January 24th 04, 06:18 PM
Johan Miörner

To manage your partitions there's a program called "Partition Magic" which
is really great.

- JM

Old January 25th 04, 10:24 PM
Paul L

xp has a limited value 'fsidk' and formatter built in, r-click 'my
computer', manage, disk management, your should see your drive.

"philo" skrev i meddelandet

"Zmirky" wrote in message
thanks!

OK

btw: I hope you were using the updated version
of fdisk

if fdisk does not "see" the whole drive
then you will need the newer version
such as you can get from a win ME bootdisk ( see www.bootdisk.com )

Partition table error? Help!! Thomas Jespersen General 6 November 12th 08 02:51 AM
Partition problems on new WD drive. S.Boardman General 0 December 21st 03 06:42 PM
Partition Ptaku General 1 October 30th 03 06:54 PM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM
Partition Hard Drive? ~misfit~ General 0 June 23rd 03 06:58 AM