BIOS update

Old December 14th 03, 10:15 PM
Linea Recta

Default BIOS update

I have been updating BIOS of P4B266 from version 1007 to 1010.
Update was succesfull, but (apart from 1. back up) I only had the option "2.
update without boot block".
Is this normal?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

Old December 15th 03, 02:10 PM
Linea Recta

I suppose so... Anyway, everything still works. Ain't that more than can be
expected? :-)
Also updated USB2 driver. Asus.com seemed to have a later version than I had
installed (Win2k). Installation was a little tricky, but the USB devices
also work ok now.

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

"Ben Pope" schreef in bericht
Linea Recta wrote:
I have been updating BIOS of P4B266 from version 1007 to 1010.
Update was succesfull, but (apart from 1. back up) I only had the option
"2. update without boot block".
Is this normal?

Probably, the boot block rarely requires updating.

Ben

Old December 15th 03, 02:22 PM
Ben Pope

Linea Recta wrote:
I suppose so... Anyway, everything still works. Ain't that more than can
be expected? :-)
Also updated USB2 driver. Asus.com seemed to have a later version than I
had installed (Win2k). Installation was a little tricky, but the USB
devices also work ok now.

You should be using SP4 really.

Check my FAQ for the latest USB2 drivers if you don't have 2K SP4 or XP SP1

Ben

Old December 15th 03, 02:30 PM
Ben Pope

Ben Pope wrote:
Check my FAQ for the latest USB2 drivers if you don't have 2K SP4 or XP
SP1

Actually, I'm not sure if those (Orange Micro) drivers will work with the
Intel controller. If it all works, leave it alone :-)

(Never reallu worked out the difference between OHCI, UHCI etc. and that was
before USB2, it's probably more confusing now)

Ben

Old December 15th 03, 08:27 PM
Linea Recta

"Ben Pope" schreef in bericht
Linea Recta wrote:
I suppose so... Anyway, everything still works. Ain't that more than can
be expected? :-)
Also updated USB2 driver. Asus.com seemed to have a later version than I
had installed (Win2k). Installation was a little tricky, but the USB
devices also work ok now.

You should be using SP4 really.

I AM using Win2kProSP4.

Check my FAQ for the latest USB2 drivers if you don't have 2K SP4 or XP

SP1

I will anyway. Yes, very confusing...

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

Old December 15th 03, 08:40 PM
Ben Pope

Linea Recta wrote:
"Ben Pope" schreef in bericht
Linea Recta wrote:
I suppose so... Anyway, everything still works. Ain't that more than can
be expected? :-)
Also updated USB2 driver. Asus.com seemed to have a later version than I
had installed (Win2k). Installation was a little tricky, but the USB
devices also work ok now.

You should be using SP4 really.

I AM using Win2kProSP4.

Then it should have the drivers for USB2.

Ben

Old December 16th 03, 02:24 AM
Robert Hancock

If you have Win2K SP4 installed, there is no need to install any USB 2.0
drivers, they're built into the OS.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

"Linea Recta" wrote in message

"Ben Pope" schreef in bericht
Linea Recta wrote:
I suppose so... Anyway, everything still works. Ain't that more than

can
be expected? :-)
Also updated USB2 driver. Asus.com seemed to have a later version than

had installed (Win2k). Installation was a little tricky, but the USB
devices also work ok now.

You should be using SP4 really.

I AM using Win2kProSP4.

Check my FAQ for the latest USB2 drivers if you don't have 2K SP4 or XP

SP1

I will anyway. Yes, very confusing...

--
regards,